Spore Abandon Worlds

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by FR27, Jun 24, 2006.

1. FR27

FR27 New Member

Abandon Worlds

Don't think this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if it would be possible to just pickup and leave a world you have colonized?

This could have several effects I can think of, such as...

It has been stated by Will in his demos of the game that colonies would help with the colonization effort. So one could have a colony for no other purpose than to terraform, to which you could abandon afterwards.

War. For instance, a race or group of races are destroying you. You could fall back and fortify your defenses and infastructure to prepare for your enemies.

Feel like playing the mysterious precursor race? Why not leave some abandoned cities on a developing world for them to discover, and possibly even worship. It could even cause a race to change their building style to that of yours, or even allow them to inhabit your old cities and develop technology from what you had built there.

Just some more stuff I was wondering.

2. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

good thinking. I think that you can abandon worlds, sure. If you were able to do this, it would probably have to be in the space phase. Or what you could do is colonize a new terraformed planet, and slowly bring your species to the new planet. I don't think you can bring an entire race in the UFO, that's why people want to know more about the UFO and what it can do.

I really don't see why not, adapting to the new enviornment using your old cities, makes sense.

Great Thinking question!