How Do I Add relatives to my already existing family?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cerrawithac, Oct 15, 2006.

1. cerrawithac

cerrawithac New Member

Add relatives to my already existing family?

Is there a way to add relatives to an existing family - other than adoption and child birth, obvioulsy? Like a grandparent or aunt, etc.

Also, can you have another sim move into your house after you have moved in?

Thanks!

2. MegRen

MegRen New Member

If you have Uni, you can merge families from the neighborhood view. As for adding relatives, I think the only way to do that would be by creating the sims and then modifying the relationships using SimPE, which I don't know how to do.

3. Taylah

Taylah New Member

I think you can using the Tombstone of Life and Death. (If you don't know what that is type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift click on a sim and click spawn then the tombstone... you'll know what to do from there). sorry if i'm wrong!

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Just be sure to set the cheat back to false.

Also, use it with caution because it can create unexpected problems. Check out bbb's post about stranded babies (Sims 2 General Discussion.)

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You can use the insiminator. You'll need the family tree, which looks like the bonsai tree in the blue pot. I can't remember exactly how to find the tree, you'll have to check the instructions. (We aren't allowed to post a link to the Insim, you'll have to search for it on the web. The site has adult content.)

Invite the sim you want to be related to to your lot, click on the tree and choose "make X a parent/sibling/child of Y."

I gave a sim that started at uni some parents that way.

Or, you could see if Merola's painting lets you do the same thing.

6. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

if the relative has been created you can invite them over them click 'propose' 'move in' if thats not what you mean never mind i havnt read the hole thread properly