Adoption

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by wootster, May 29, 2007.

1. wootster

wootster New Member

Adoption

how can i put a baby up for adoption??

2. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

If you just neglect the baby (don't feed it) then the social worker will come and take it away. You can't get it back, but the baby may be adopted by another sim sometime.

3. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

I should add that if you have a baby taken away like that, I don't think you are ever allowed to adopt again (that particular sim)

4. wootster

wootster New Member

it doesnt matter about the adoption thng because the sim im thinking about wont ever adopt LOL (i wanted the family to have a baby and then when it was born i didnt want it anymore)

5. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

I wish there was a way that you could put baby and toddler sims up for adoption. Maybe that will come in TS3!:D

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

You can also have another Sim move in with the family, and then "adopt" the child by simply moving out again and taking the child with them.

This has the added bonus of raising money for the parents - the sim moving in brings all of their simoleons with them...and then when they move out, they leave that money in the household. You could set up a more unscupulous sim to have quite a lucrative career in "black market" adoptions! ;)

7. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

You could always give it a nasty accident by boolprop cheats lol:stirthepot:

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Nope, you can't. And I think that all your other babies that the family has later get taken away too.

Once I had had a family and the mum wanted 10 children. I locked the want and started to work on getting some kids. When I had about 4 of them (and I had worked pretty hard on getting them), I forgot to feed one of the babies and they all got taken away! :cry: I tried to adopt but they wouldn't let me. The mum was heart broken and kept crying all the time, heh.. So make sure to feed your kids! Well, the ones that you want anyway. :winks: :knockedout: