Adoption

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Angelic Slayer, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Angelic Slayer

Angelic Slayer New Member

Adoption

Can a single sim adopt a child or do you have to be married or have a partner?

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I haven't run across that situation. in #1 a single person never was offered the opportunity I don't think... that may be the case here, too. But you can always create a single parent family. or be an indiscreet adult... they don't call it Whoopie! for nothing...

3. Angelic Slayer

Aaah, I forgot about that ;)

4. Angelic Slayer

uhhh....I just had another brainwave, will it be possible to adopt an older child or just a toddler?

5. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

I, too, am wondering about the possibilities of adoption.

I wish it was more like an "orphanage" kind of deal, where you would call them up (and anyone could, be it a single parent, or whatnot) and you could be shown a screen with images of the different children (baby through teen) that are up for adoption.

This screen would also include any children that had been taken away by social services as well, so other families would have the option to adopt children and keep your bloodlines going.

But, something like this is pretty involved, and I don't think it made it into the game. =(

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I was wondering about something related to that. What about teenagers? I have made more teenagers with Body Shop than parents. The gameplay that fascinates me most is having my teenaged charecters grow into adults, pair off, become parents, and then watch the next generation develop. Yes, I guess I could do that with toddlers or children, but, hey, teenagers are much more fun to make! I have "Punk Girl" and "Hippy chick" and "Goth Boy" and "Jock Boy" and on and on and on. So, my question is what will happen to all my single teenagers? Can I make a boarding school or something, ya think? Or maybe more of a "Boys and Girls Home for Wayward Youth" with this bunch I have. LOL LOL

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I like that idea. Sort of a modified "creat a Sim" of already completed "children"!

I believe you can call up the adoption agency, but you just don't get a choice of kids but have to take what they have.

8. Angelic Slayer

its apity we dont get to choose the ages but oh well we'll have a blast in anycase

9. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Teens will get to live at home alone, without an adult, but children and toddlers get taken away and put in an adoption pool. Teens cannot care for toddlers and children, though. There has to be an adult or elder in the house or the toddler or child gets taken away. I hope that answers your questions.

10. Angelic Slayer

Heres another question, if the child or toddler has no living relatives staying with them, will they be sent off to live with other living relatives after their parents die or will they just get taken away?

11. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I would like to know that too! Can you adopt any aged child!

12. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Im pretty sure that the child just goes up for adoption, but you never know.