Advertisers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KatAnubis, Nov 14, 2011.

1. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It seems that advertisers don't seem to understand that even in Off Topic, no sort of advertising is allowed. Sigh.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I know I quit reporting them as it's just a waste of time cause they just keep coming back like roaches when you turn the lights off!

3. KatAnubis

They tend to be really easy for us mods to spot. They're the only ones posting just about.

4. swmeek

Yeah you can pretty much figure if they're new and their english is pretty bad they're a spammer!

5. KatAnubis

Some of them I give the benefit of the doubt. If they seem to be on topic and don't have any links in their post or sig, then I leave them alone. I figure that MJ will get them.

6. swmeek

You mean he actually still shows up around here ?

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I think the 'advertisers' are just bots so they don't really care where they post. I also think they are not just posting for anyone who visits the forum to see, but for the Google spider to then crawl their site and increase their search rank.
    Sometimes it's fun to just delete their signature and wait to see how long it is before it returns.

Josh is here in the shadows. :)

8. swmeek

Are you still playing Minecraft Flamey?

9. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Yep, recently installed buildcraft and industrial craft to make things a bit more interesting.

10. swmeek

cool I may have to look into some mods at some time or another.