After I said I wouldn't do this...

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Phoenix Ravenflame, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Phoenix Ravenflame

Phoenix Ravenflame New Member

After I said I wouldn't do this...

I spent almost all weekend working on skins! The first one I did came out kind of funny because I didn't get the shading right. Maybe that's good for old Sims who want to *look* like they have a young, trim, unwrinkled body. The next few I did came out much better because I've been doing what FaeLuna calls "tweaking" pre-existing skins. I hope to get some pictures up soon so ya'll can see how they turned out. I'm still figuring out SimPose, so it could take me a few days to get the screenshots and put them up.

2. Phoenix Ravenflame

Okay... here they are!

The url to see the skins I did is http://pages.ivillage.com/phoenixravenflame/id23.html . I stuck it on my personal site, so you'll see the navigation bar with everything else, but this page isn't on the bar so other people who vsit the site won't know it's there. I could have done a better job, but I'm tired right now and really just wanted to get the stuff up there for ya'll to see. The disco outfit, the first one under the little "logo" I did, is the first one I made... the one with the shading problem. After that, I'm not sure how things will look to all of you. Something's funny that makes things darker on my screen than other people's screens. We've tried adjusting the settings but nothing helps. For example, the lady in the logo looks like she has an orange dress on FaeLuna's computer. I swear I made that dress red!

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm glad to see you got your skins up to show off and get feedback!! I think the disco outfit will look great with just more shading added, you got the right idea, just make it a little darker. :D I know it's hard to tell how dark you should go with your monitor dark like that, I guess just go a little darker than you think you should and maybe it'll turn out to be just right! ;)

I love the flames on the toga!! :D And I really like the sort of tiger striped lingere. :)

4. Phoenix Ravenflame

Sooooo... not to sound rude, but where's my feedback? I've gotta know what everybody thinks! I already know what Fae thinks. She got to see a lot of them when I did them.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm sure people will give you some feedback when they notice this thread again!! :D Hang in there!

6. menjii

menjii New Member

Orange? Red? HuH?

Hi SimSweeties!
    I've been trying to find a paint program to use that won't cost much money, cuz I donhavanyandcantgetany, b u t, every one I've tried has a place in it where you can calibrate your monitor to the program itself. Somewhere in your paint program's preferences or Set up there's a screen that shows two L shaped rulers for you to compare your monitor resolution to that of what your program reads. If your calibration is off, when your display (monitor) sees a red pixel, and your paint program has secretly zoomed it, it looks faded on other media. Maybe this will help. I hope so.
    Happy Day,
    menjii

7. ApeDrape88

ApeDrape88 New Member

I like that purple and white dress on the bottom of that page. The other purple one with the stars and the lingerie both kind of look like paper dolls to me... you were right on that shading thing.