Spore Alien Invaders?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Pingpong, Sep 5, 2005.

?

Would this idea be good?

1. YES!!!!!!

100.0%
  2. ..Maybe..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

Alien Invaders?

Hey all

I was thinking earlier (makes a change!!), that do you think it is possible to, whilst your creature is still evolving etc, to have other species come down in their UFO, and invade your planet?

Please correct me if not :D

Pingpong

2. El Cid

El Cid New Member

It would be a challenge. Maybe as a certain scenario you can pick on your planet so its harder.

3. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

Yes, perhaps it could be an option in an options menu? :bouncy:

4. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I beleive they stated that your race will never find another species thats more advanced then them.

5. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

I think you can find races more advanced than you, and creatures more evolved than you; I think the restriction is instead on the macro-levels of the game. You will not find animals until you leave the primordial soup, you will not find interstellar races until you are amongst the stars yourselves, and so on. An alien's weaponry and tech may be better than yours, but you won't encounter it until you are in the same time epoch as they.

Oh, and I might be wrong. I'm not a maxoid.

6. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

Ah well, thanks for the comments guys/gals.

Thnx :cool:

7. master genesis

master genesis New Member

But think how cool it would be, think of your tribe dancing around the fire at night then something streaks across the sky. So you grab your spears and head out, you see that something has landed, so you hide in the tall grass. Something steps out... no many things step out all armed to the teeth. Suddenly they see you and your tribe then rushes forward to battle!

I mean I want a challenge just because they are the most technologically evolved doesn't mean they counquer all. (K.Kraden don't give me "well Hernando Cortes counquered the Aztects with technology :grumpy: ) I want some to be stronger so I can have a challenge. :spin:

8. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

Yyeah, I want a challenge as well.

Like I said, perhaps it could be an "option" :D

9. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

But... what would you do if the invaders kill off (most of) your species? You know, you could lose the battle... Maybe they could conquer your land? Which wouldn't be so good from your perspective. :D

Then again, I do understand what you are saying. It might be cool, and it would definitely be challenging, if you are up for the fight! Maybe we will have alien invaders! :smile: But I wonder if there will be an option for a rain check -- sometimes? :laughing2:

10. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

I still seriously doubt it would happen. It's too dangerous to the players to allow it, and the Maxoids have already said that they're not going to include this in the game. As far as I'm concerned, that's the end of it right there.

11. Hazath

Hazath New Member

Wonder though if there would be a way to mod the game so such could happen...

12. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

No, the AI most likely wouldn't be able to control a UFO.

13. Cerebral Stasis

Cerebral Stasis New Member

And if they could, there would always be the chance that the enemy aliens would (through the personality built by the owner) just blow up the home planet and not even bother to land. That's exactly why WW made the game so that people can't play TOGETHER; there'll always be people who ruin the fun, and with an AI who just follows a few numerical rules, there wouldn't be anything to stop it from ruining the fun of the player.

14. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

It also allows the player to be the 'hero', that is, being able to achieve power much greater than any other opponent in the game. If it was an MMO, the game would have to be more balanced. I also agree that the game would lend itself to very noobish behavior if it was multiplayer. It would be too easy to kill other players when they're down.

15. Cerebral Stasis

Cerebral Stasis New Member

One must hand it to WW, he's got some excellent ideas (the synchronous, but not simultaneous gameplay concept, for example) for this game, and it seems like this is one of his big brainchildren. I just hope he is spared the morning sickness and birth pains that go with it.

16. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Hmmm... Hero... :smile: Just wondering, do you think the Spore website will have high score tables, like for species with the most friends, most enemies, most conquered land, and more? And if not, would Snooty Spore be able to do that somehow?

17. El Cid

El Cid New Member

-Yeah or some kind of ingame statistic you can upload as an html file to look at

18. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Oh gosh, I hope so. Remember the statistics pages in Black and White? I'd go in there half a dozen times a play session, just to see how much stronger or smarter or nicer my pet had gotten, and also to keep track of how my opponent was evolving as well. I even enjoyed reading the fun but ultimately useless statistics, such as how many scripts the game had run in its lifetime, as well as how many seconds I'd spent staring into the sun in the game.

If they don't put a statistics page in, though, we could always use a third party website. I know there are a couple of websites out there (dunno there names) that have templates for games and will track your progress if you set them up to do so. You can then put the link in your signature or whatnot, and let people know how talented you are.

19. strillor

strillor New Member

it would be cool if aliens could come,, and make your own creature pets :laughing2:

do you guys think that there could be a possibility that "the invading aliens" could be friendly? and teach you stuff?

20. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

I hope so!!

Though I dont agree with making EP's for Spore, basically because I dont see the point, when the finished product *should!* be complete, I would certainly like mods. :bouncy: