Spore Alien Invaders?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Pingpong, Sep 5, 2005.

?

Would this idea be good?

1. YES!!!!!!

100.0%
  2. ..Maybe..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I was thinking of making special packs of IRKens and Sonic Characters.

They would be rip-offs, and therefore not be in the database.

The only way to get them would be to give them out on the sites, like those Sims Downloads.

2. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

That would be sweet. --The teaching thing, not the pets! Haha. :smile: Wonder if more intelligent creatures (whether they are yours, mine, or a default/NPC in Spore) could teach or train "dumber" creatures? Hehe... Now that I think about it, it would be cute if the little young creatures went to school, too... :D And they take their little alien pets with them... :love:

3. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Yeah, I look alot at my GTA:SA stats lately. Save the html file, leave the game and look at how much I advanced ^^

4. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

Awwww!!! I hope that they take this into consideration!! :smile: :bouncy:

5. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Ive read it somewhere that you can go to other planets, idolize yourself with the fledgling races, and interbread... etc. Kinda like the Egyptian theory.

6. Cerebral Stasis

Cerebral Stasis New Member

WW mentioned something about monolyths; placing large structures on primitive planets and make yourself out to be a god, then watch how those races evolve with your presence (not really sure how that works, since I've never seen the movie that this idea originated from).

7. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

There is no movie showing that off (yet), it's just an idea of one of the many different things you can do when you have developed the right technology.

8. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I totally agree, let's not float it too much and get disappointed when the game comes out....

Heat

9. Cerebral Stasis

An episode of Tripping the Rift uses the idea of monolyths, so I assumed it got the idea for another movie or television series (since that is where a lot of the jokes in television comedy come from, in order to better connect with those watching).

I'll see if I can find the exact words WW used concerning monolyths.

10. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Wow, you've never heard of 2001: A Space Odyssey? That's where the monolith ideas originally came from. Trippin' the Rift ripped the joke from there. Also, fun tidbit of trivia, SimEarth (One of Will Wright's first games) also included monoliths. W2 has been playing with the uplift scenario in games previous as well as this one.

11. Cerebral Stasis

Of course I've HEARD of it; I've just never read/seen it.

Are you referring to the book or the movie?

I've never played SimEarth; just SimTown, SimAnt, SimSafari, SimCopter, SimCity 2000, 3000, 4, and Sims 1 and 2.

12. strillor

strillor New Member

BUT the good thing with an EP could be... okay.. imagine
    the designers are sitting playing Spore.. just playing and playing and playing,, then they SUDDENLY find something that they can put into the game, that'll make it all better :smile: .. but.. I would prefer they just made it a download.. like a patch, instead of buying....... SOooo they make this new thing. Put's it on the internet and everybody's happy

ERGO = online downable EP's.... :laughing2: :smile: :spin:

13. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ON.

The point of this game is to promote irrational xenophobia, which is why all aliens will instantly attack you.

14. leech10

leech10 New Member

No, the aliens will only attack if they feel if they are being attacked. (I think)

15. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Actually the game will mold itself to you. If you play the entire game annihiliating every creature on sight, when you go out and try to make interstellar friends they'll have a much higher chance to be warlike and aggressive with large armies, however, if you play it like a pacifist the chances will be better that other aliens are peaceful as well. That way, the angry players get war and the hippie players get peace.

16. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

:censored: forgot to login. Yea what I said above.

17. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. But, also, if your planet was not the fighting type, filled with rainbows and butterflies, and you were looking for a planet to make friends with... What would happen if you came across a species that was trained to be aggressive by another player? Would they be looking for a fight and win it with a few hints, or could it be possible to become friends?

And vice versa...

With the witnessing thing, that would be awesome! But I don't know if the player-created creatures will be smart enough to be all NPC-like on other planets, while you are viewing your own planet -- or if they will just be hiding until one comes over looking for a friend/foe, or until you leave your planet view/take your creatures outside of your planet? :indifferent:

Okay, now I'm confused, but does anyone understand what I am trying to say? :laughing2: Hope I inspire you to think of more questions and ideas to ponder. ;)

18. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

I think it could be the planet. Im sure someone will correct me ;)

And yes, I get what you're saying!!

19. Tye

Tye New Member

On the recent E3 demo they did say that it will be balanced.