Amazing Race 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Oct 2, 2002.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

The only "reality tv" shows I've seen were some bits of Real World shows, and some pretty silly dating shows.... I've never watched any of the contest shows.

2. Sasile

Sasile New Member

well however they do it, someone must have put a LOT of time and thought into everything... which is interesting, but do you think its possible they'd let someone starve to death on the survivor island?

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I would guess if anything like a medical emergency happened they would have to get them medical attention and they'd have to leave the shows like that....

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Just looked through this thread again:

LOL Josh Yes!!! 'Poor' guys!!! :LOL: :LOL:

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hey, the probably know, or guess, that there are fan sites about them out there somewhere!! heehee! :p

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Only that this isn't a real fansite for them right?. :classic:

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

No, I wouldn't say just a thread in a forum counts this as one of their fan sites!! haha! :D Just it's similar...

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Amazing Race is soooo neat:)

It isn't like surivor and it is the most unique show I've seen

What happens is that several teams composed of two people in some sort of previous relationship (married, dating, brothers, sisters, twins, father-son) go on a race around the world seeing who can get around the world. Each pit stop (break period that lasts for 12hrs) usually results in an elimination meaning one team gets sent home packing.

Between the pit stop they leave, and the pitstop they are trying to reach, they received clues in sealed envelopes. Some contain challenges while others are information on how to get there.

Time and Money is of the essence cause money can help you in the final parts of the round (eg. when Rob and Brennan from the first Amazing Race borrowed a cell phone from a lady in Alaska and paided all her to use it.)

The first team to cross the finish line wins the title, plus a million US Dollars :)

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Josh!! *gives Josh a big hug*
    A real challenge it seems. :classic: There have been similar series before. Unfortunately. If you're gonna think it's fun to look at you need to have been into it from the beginning and then keep "track" all the time. :classic: ;)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh wow, it DOES sound neat, thanks for the explanation Josh! :D I may have to try to learn how it's gone so far... are there websites on it? (besides fan sites for the twins... ;) )

12. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

lol,ya think the twinz will come here? ;)

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Tess.. I doubt it.. but you should never say never.. ;)

14. ManagerJosh

Amazing Race is on for people who live in the states (and where CBS broadcasts :D)

15. sugar_junkie

lol,i wunder wether they might come here.... ;)

16. ManagerJosh

you could always call them :p

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Josh Josh!!! LOL!!!

*shakes her head and hops away*

18. ManagerJosh

Good Bye Aaron and Arianne :D

Now GO Derek and Drew!!!!! 4th place though :confused:

19. sugar_junkie

lol,wunder how we'll be able ta call.....suppose i could shout? ;)

20. ManagerJosh

Phone book? :D