AMD Processor Users?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 2, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

nVidia (ForceWare) 2000/XP 6.14.10.6693 Drivers Available!

2. PerfectShot

PerfectShot New Member

I wouldn't have expected it, but the new drivers fixed it!
    I might have had some corrupted profiles...

Thanks a lot!!!

Now I just need to figure out how to build a house from scratch... Thanks again.

So it works fine now on my Clawhammer.

3. Deva

Deva New Member

Processor: AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
    Memory: 512 Mb ram
    System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    DirectX Version: 9.0c

Display Device Name: what is that? My graphicscard? Radeon 9200SE AGP
    Chip Type: and this?

Last but not least, does body shop work for you? :)
    NO IT DOESN'T, I'M GOING INSANE HERE, WHY DOES THIS FRIKKIN THINGS HAPPEN TO ME ALL THE FRIKKIN TIME GRRRR "#&*^"%!!!!
    Ehm. It's not working anyway.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

5. Deva

Deva New Member

I've already updated those drivers, but thanks anyway. I had to do that, to get the game to work at all. My problem is apparently unexposed on the forum before, so I might as well tell about it, though I don't expect any help.
    EVERY TIME I quit playing Sims2 Nightlife, something flaws in the connection between the graphiccard's hardware and software. I get an error message, something like "ATi RADEON couldn't send the driverssomething to the hardware" and some more. The graphiccard goes in some kind of "Safe Mode(?)" and the computer g-e-t-s s-o s-l-o-o-o-w. This messagewindow will also, after I've clicked "Ok", ask me if I want to restart my pc so that it can get back to normal again (it really says something else, I don't remember), and I have to reboot, or I'll have to sit by a pc trying to work as with a 333 mhz processor trying to start up Photoshop, Bodyshop, SC4 at the same time.
    When I've rebooted the machine, everything is normal again, if I remember to take out the disc from the cd-rom. If I don't, I'll have to watch the startup of the Sims 2 Nightlife, then quit it, wait a couple of seconds for the errormessage and reboot again.
    + that Bodyshop doesn't work since I installed Nightlife. I just get's a message which says it doesn't response, and when I check the technical background to the error it's always a mysterious .txt-file in
    C:\DOCUME~1\Jasmine\LOKALA~1\Temp\ that has something to do with it. The file will include long code-strings, or latin or I don't know what it is. It is about bodyshop though, as far as I can see.

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I just got an AMD (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2213.9) and it seems to do just fine with BodyShop (although today was the first it was up and running to try to use it.)