American Idol - Beware of spoilers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Apr 3, 2008.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

American Idol - Beware of spoilers!

American Idol! Who are fans here? I've always been a fan and I've even managed to suck Brandon into it this year! We have weekly bets about who is going to get kicked off after we watch the first show. I lost this week. I was voting for Jason Castro...I'm really getting sick of him. But Ramielle was my second choice, Brandon's first.

So who is your favorite Idol so far? Who is your least fav?

Me: Favorite is David Cook. Love him! Of course Michael Johns makes me forget that I'm married sometimes...it's that Australian accent...*drool* But he's not my favorite singer. Least favorite at this point is probably Jason Castro. It just seems to be the same thing every week with him.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

David Archuleta!!! DAVID! DAVID!! DAVID!!!!!!

3. jupitershana

LOL Josh. I do like him, but his lip licking gets annoying sometimes...thankfully he didn't do it this week during his song! Brandon doesn't like him, finds him slightly repetitive and annoying, says he's too predictable. I think when he did Imagine though that was his best performance so far.

We're both fans of David Cook.

4. MegRen

MegRen New Member

David Cook ROCKS MY WORLD!!!! If he doesn't win, I'll cry. I also like Brooke White and David Archuleta. Unfortunately for Kristy Lee Cook, I think her time is coming soon.

5. ManagerJosh

[video=google;-3967055566887948381]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3967055566887948381[/video]

6. ManagerJosh

7. ManagerJosh

Top 8 Performances from April 8, 2008

8. jupitershana

Alright, any reactions from last nights performances?

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with anyone except David Archuleta. Everyone else just kind of seemed average to me.

Brandon and I were confused by the judges comments on Jason Castro. We didn't think he did that "amazing" of a job like they were praising him. Brandon really like Carley's performance as well....I thought, "eh". I can see where Simon got the angry performance comment from.

I did think Kristy did a decent job. She can sing country, and I also think Syesha deserves more credit than she was given, although that was gutsy taking on the song she did!

My votes for bottom three this week (tough one...) Syesha, Jason Castro and Carley (or Kristy, or Brooke...hehe, I can't make up my mind about the third).

9. ManagerJosh

It wasn't that bad. I think it's pretty decent. Vocals are great and he's demonstrating a wide vocal range.

10. jupitershana

Really?!? He's the same every week. He's very predictable in his song choices and its starting to get boring if you ask me.

11. ManagerJosh

There's a lot of truth in what you say Shana. However I suppose what makes this performance unique over his past was this one well, entertained me.

12. jupitershana

LOL, okay, I'll give you that. I do like the song, but just getting tired of Jason Castro.

Did you enjoy Idol Gives Back? I didn't feel like it was as moving this year. Although I REALLY liked thier opening number and I did get a bit teary during Seasons of Love (big RENT fan).

13. jupitershana

RE: Who was voted off...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

14. ManagerJosh

Hmmm? What's wrong?

15. jupitershana

I'm sad. Micheal was much better than the others who were voted off. And the way Ryan did it! UGH! That was so mean! I'm disappointed in the results of the show last night.

16. ManagerJosh

17. MegRen

MegRen New Member

OMG!! David Cook's version of Always Be My Baby ROCKED THIS WORLD!! If he doesn't win, I'll boycott the show or something. I think he has the most talent hands down and sounds like he could already have an album out.

18. jupitershana

I completely agree with you! LOVE him! :D

19. ManagerJosh

Who watched Last night? :)

Recaps! :D

20. ManagerJosh

David Cook - Top 5 Recap

Recap of last night of David Cook :)