Ancient question about aspirations

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Ancient question about aspirations

Have played the game since day one, and have all the Expansions. Then just the other day, I was playing my "rich" family. One has a life aspiration of making 200.000 simoleons. Well, ok, I bought a little shop for maybe 30k, had him import the finest goods, and sell them. After quite a while, he had earned an estimated 400k, but his aspirations didnt change/that life-bar that turns white, when you succeed your life goal). Why?

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Probably because the want didn't get fulfilled. I'm a bit confused with what you mean by '400k', it hasn't got anything to do with money has it?

Besides, if you want your sims' aspiration to go up, you could always cheat in the 200 grand by using the motherlode cheat - or if it's the white aspiration that you want you can use aspirationLevel 0-5 cheat. Level 5 gets you in the white, but not all the way up. (I should know, I use this cheat all the time - both to help kill/keep alive my sims :winks:)

NOTICE: that this cheat does not keep your aspiration meter that high for ever, it will go down like normal. You need a different cheat to lock your aspiration. Want to know how to lock it? Then let me know... :happy:

3. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Using motherlode doesnt count as him earning the money. It's just free money out of the sky.

400k= 400,000

4. muffin-tacos

How nice to get free money out of the sky. I'd have no objections to getting some once in a while :classic: !

Oooh, now this all makes so much more sence! Jake, forget what I said before about you not earning enough money. I gotta start researching things more LOL :rolleyes:

5. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Maybe that 200k has to come all at once. Ive had this problem a few times and I just began to ignore it as I have no idea how to solve it:mad: .

6. muffin-tacos

Personally, I just think that this game finds it hard to realise when the sim has done their life long aspiration or not.

7. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

That's very strange. Maybe he has to earn 100k all at once? I've done the ol' "Buy a property worth 100k and sell it" trick for stubborn money Sims with that LTW, and it registers. But you'd think with 400k he'd get that fulfilled for sure!

8. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

well the game is a bit dogey when it comes to counting things i know for definate it cant count friends properly so maybe thats the problem