Troubleshooting Appearance question

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by carlsditty, Nov 3, 2006.

1. carlsditty

carlsditty New Member

Appearance question

I just got a new computer its a dell and it has a geforce 7300 in it and when i installed sims 2 it ran fine but there are green splotches i guess i'd call it that go across the screen the game itself runs fine but the screen just fills up with splotches like if you took spray paint in paint and put it on the screen. I had it installed on my old computer and it never did that but i didnt have a graphics card or anything in the old one. so if you can help please do

thanks

carlsditty

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It sounds like you have some graphics "oopses".

Have you upgraded your drivers? Often the ones which "come" with the computer are lagging behind what is needed. Go to the Nvidia site drivers page to get the most recent ones. They've been doing some updates in the past couple of months that may not have been added to your computer before it was shipped. The directions for how to install the new drivers (and remove old ones) is there on the driver site.

I had that happen on my old computer (which had a Geforce 6800) only with just some of the bigger houses. Upgrading the drivers really helped. (Now I try to keep track of what drivers are out there for them so the issue doesn't come up as often.)