Troubleshooting Application Error??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Bloodly, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Shouting will get you nowhere. Face up to it! You are trying to run the most complex game ever made on 20th Century computer technology. You want help? Try learning a little civility. Yes I have been been playing the game joyfully. As for your problems ... because of your attitude and rudeness I actually do care less now than I did before. If you are trying to get silenced you are well on the way, matey! Go post your problems on the Via forums that I gave you the link for. I doubt they will be so patient with your stupid inuslting behaviour as we have been ....

2. Actaviosan

Actaviosan New Member

Sorry but I don't know from where to start :(

3. Actaviosan

Actaviosan New Member

Please many guys had this proplem. please try to fix. I am sorry for what I said, but please I love it so much. And I think you know what to feel when something you really love but you can not get! :( so please try to help. :(

4. sapphy77

sapphy77 New Member

appl error

I am also having an application error. I tried installed the fix & it didn't help. I got to play the game a few minutes longer before it crashed.

My specs are
    Operation system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    System Manufactrer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
    BIOS: ver 1.65
    Processor: 1.67 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Memory 768
    DirectX Version : DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Video card: RADEON 9600 SERIES

Need anything else?

Also I haven't downloaded any objects since March. I know I have played after they were installed without issues.

5. denvermax

denvermax New Member

bump

still getting the application has crashed error after trying to open the game.

my computer meets all the requirements because i've played this game a few times before i formatted my pc. the "application has crashed" error started happening after i formatted my pc.

here are my specs?:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well it looks like it should run the game to me ... uh ... oops. you formatted the pc ... hmmm ... your main driver is more up to date than mine ... you could try rolling back that display driver because I actually had a lot of trouble with it.

Alternatively you might check to see if can upgrade the BIOS Go to http://www.soyo.com.tw/

7. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

What I would do is run some burn in tests to establish that there are nothing faulty in the computer hardware itself. Two programs I would recommend are prime95 and memtest

You can use these to test the stability of your entire system (with prime95) and to check for any memory errors (with memtest, download and run the bootdisk version, which installs the program onto a floppy disk that you boot off).

You might also benefit from using the benchmarking utilities found on Futuremark's site

8. Sylla

Sylla New Member

I had the same problem, after not playing the game for months I decided to have a look and see what was happening in my sim world, and after the initial splash screen I kept getting the same message 'Application error, program will now terminate' .
    I removed my downloads folder, because I had downloaded some stuff that I hadn't tested, re-ran the sims 2 and got the exact same error. So, it being months since I had actually played, I didn't care too much about losing any saved games or what-not so I uninstalled the whole thing, then re-installed it. Booted her up, all set and ready to go with a clean install, splash screen comes up, I wait with anticipation, and you guessed it, I got that message again!
    Me being the bright spark that I am, assessed everything that I had done to my computer in the last while that could effect the Sims2 from running, the most recent thing being that I had installed Talisman desktop, which replaces the windows interface, with a newer (and much prettier) display, also, it can effect the shell application of windows. So, i turned it off (very simple and no uninstalling involved), went back to the normal (and not so pretty) windows screen, booted up my sims disc, and voila! no error message!
    It now runs like a dream, and much faster than before, it also gave me an opportunity to go through all my downloads (which I had saved) and get rid of a lot of them that I no longer wanted, creating more space on my hard drive and faster game play.
    Moral of the story, if it worked before, then there is some simple reason that it wont work now, it's just a matter of retracing your steps and figuring it out. If it has never worked, well, the answer may be just as simple, but unfortunately, we don't know every program that you run on your computer, so it is sometimes very difficult to help.

9. denvermax

denvermax New Member

okay ive gotten the game to work. but now after i restart my computer and try to play again.. the application error pops up again. so i uninstalled it and re-installed it and it worked. then it stopped working again after awhile. it seems like the only time i can play it is right after i install it... then after an hour or so it doesnt work anymore then i have to uninstall it and reinstall it. wha t apain. i give up.

10. twhwa

twhwa New Member

Same here...

Hi to all,

first, this is my PC info:

775Dual-915GL
    inetel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
    1016MB RAM
    DirectX 9.0

I am suffering the same problem as well, and i bought the game without hack etc. Please help!!!!

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

775Dual-915GL is your mother board. It appears to support both PCIe and AGP graphic cards. You will need to run dxdiag and see what the display tab says to find out what you have.

dxdiag can be run by Start >> Run >> type in dxdiag hit Enter and wait for the magic to occur .... ;)

12. twhwa

twhwa New Member

my graphic card is intel(R)Intel 82915G/82910GL Express. What do you think?

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

It is an display adapter integrated into your main processor. That isn't good. It probably could run the game but until you quit messing about handing out info dribs and drabs I can't really say what your problem is let alone offer a solution.

If you have run dxdiag why cannot you post a complete question that states what your exact problem is and list every important detail about the computer you are using. It is far too tedious and time consuming for we who want to help to have keep turning back to old posts to read bits and pieces of people's problems to put things together.

If you want help you're gonna have, first, to help yourself as much as possible. OK, kid? :)

14. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Wow, did you notice how much double, even triple replies there were? Whoops, I really should help, but I can't. I just wanted to note that. It really shows that kids are useless at everything! And you new people: QUIT YOU'RE WHINING!! We have our own problems, our own lives. We try our best to help you. WE DON'T HAVE SUPER POWERS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: *Runs mentally around in rage and fury*