Are you buying Sims 3?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Apr 13, 2008.

?

Will you be buying The Sims 3?

1. Definitely Yes!

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Maybe!

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Probably Not

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Ask me later...

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Sims2Star103

Sims2Star103 New Member

im so excited about it. plus it comes out around my birthday :)

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I highly doubt that I'll get Sims 3. Simply for the reason that there wasn't really that many new things offered with TS2 when compared to TS1. Basically TS2 and all of its expansions (or the ones that I have - stopped at Pets) are rehashes of TS1 and its expansions.

So, are they going to do the same thing with TS3? or are we going to get all of the items that were at the end of TS2's run in the very first TS3 game? ... or do we have to pay $30+ a game to get them all again.

3. madisonhllnd

madisonhllnd New Member

Being completely addicted to everything "Sims" I would have to say, Yes, I will definitely be buying it. As a matter of fact I already have pre-ordered it. I am, however, becoming increasingly worried about some of the things I've been hearing lately.

4. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I think what I'm going to have to do is let everyone else get it and test it out then decide. I want the game but this whole DRM/Securom thing has me concerned. Even if they say you don't need the internet to play the game I'll wait to be sure they didn't sneak something in on the sly. It's funny because they put securom on the game to keep people from pirating the game. I'm hearing more and more people openly admit that they are playing a pirated game though! So I would say it backfired on them.

Ruth

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Like any DRM software, there's options that can be triggered to provide a wide variety of protection Ruth. The basic one from what I've heard is that SecuROM simply checks whether the CD is in the drive.

The other flavors of SecuROM with the advanced options include validations like in Spore or No Disc Required inside your drive, and so forth.

6. I was going to, but I kind of lost my interest in The Sims at the moment. I think I might get Spore or Sim City soon instead.

7. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Truth be told, not only do I PLAN to buy the game, I went to GameStop today and reserved my copy. :)

8. woohoosimz3

woohoosimz3 Woohoo Simz 3

I'll certainly been getting it, and if i doesn't work on my laptop, I'll buy a newer one :).

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

yes but until then will keep playing tribal wars.

10. ManagerJosh

Or cower back in The Sims 1 :D..

At least no SecuROM :D

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Pre-ordered, but I am no longer expecting it to be as amazing as the original or TS2. Spore has flopped (as I predicted six months before it was released), I stopped playing after a couple of weeks and did not even pause to consider buying the recent expansion pack. TS3 may well drown in its own hype. We must be honest and admit that EA's quality control is so poor it is unlikely to ship the game without a raft of serious game-engine flaws (eg jump bugs, data fields not suitable for the numbers of characters etc. etc.). Add to that the cynical policy of holding back basic game-play elements in the hope of raising sales of prospective expansion packs and the even more cynical ploy of selling objects and clothing in stuff packs at a nominal rate (ie before retail discounts) of around 30 US cents per item. Shocking and usurous, given the volume of sales!

I see EA is again inviting custom content retailers like TSR to preview shows ... is it also planning to hand out development kits to speed the community's production of a tool like SimPE? Unlikely.

I only dropped by here today to see if TS3 is generating as much excited anticipation as was evident in the run-up to the release of TS3. From the paucity of threads and the low level of contributions even to those threads which are "active" (ie been posted to this year!), it seems the answer is not much at all.

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Mirelly! Hi! saw you name and had to post.... It's been simply Ages :)
    havent been paying attention to the hype... waiting for my new computer to come, and I'm so excited... (about the computer) I've been sucked into tribal wars so we'll see how much time I have for sims3

13. chrst0322

chrst0322 Member

yes definitely:happy:I cant wait. :)

14. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

I'm for sure getting sims3 and I dont care if my laptop can't handle it! I'll just oogle over the CD/DVD till I upgrade my lappy BWAHAHA :p

15. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

When is it coming out?

Just read some reviews in Amazon.uk: is it true what everyone is saying about Sims 3, the installation limits and adware being installed with the game?

If this is true, I won't buy the game. I can't live with an installation limit. I lost count of how many times I installed TS1 and TS2 and all its EPs in my desktop pc, in my laptop and in my parent’s desktop and laptop… and in the desktops of our vacations' houses. And this is only the living large reason. Sometimes I installed the games after a bad computer crash, because I upgraded, after formatting hard drives, because of some bug, after crash during storm, whatever.

I guess I'll have to become a Mafia II addicted or and an Adventures Company fan. Well, I already am :D

Oh well... I waited for so long for TS3 and now it is just not for me :(

16. ManagerJosh

There is insufficient evidence to support there's an installation limitation. So whoever has been posting that is spreading rumors and causing problems because we don't even have any evidence related to The Sims 3 to suggest this in the first place.

17. Sure am buying The Sims 3, pre-ordered it a few days ago. :D

18. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Someone who was probably burned by buying Spore off of Amazon probably wrote that.

19. ManagerJosh

No doubt about it...

20. ManagerJosh

So now that The Sims 3 has been delayed, are you buying it now? Does it allow enough time for everyone to collect pennies to buy Sims 3?