Troubleshooting are you happy with ur card?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nattiboy13, Jul 17, 2006.

1. nattiboy13

nattiboy13 New Member

are you happy with ur card?

ok, im thinking about buyin a new graphics card speciffically for the Sims 2. i was looking at the ati radeon 9000, and the eVGA GeForce 6200 and about a million others.

my question is what type of card are you using and are you happy with the performance?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've got a geForce 6600, I think Invidia (I'd have to look to make sure) and I love it. They're pretty reasonable, as the latest is at least a 7800 or so.

If you'd like to see samples of what it can do, check out my story (shameless plug). The later installments, that is. I got the card right about the time my sim Xanthe went to college.

3. Simon-Grey

Simon-Grey New Member

I have a Geforce 7900GS, and i love the thing to end end, with 2 gigs of RAM i can run the game with settings completely to the max with at the most 15 second load times and no slowdown AT ALL

4. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

Well At the moment i wanna burn my computer and watch it burn BURN BURN!!!!!!!!

But ive got a new Graphics card right beside me,ASUS A9550GE 256MB,My cusin has the exact same one and his Sims 2 Runs like a..a...a Happy dog :bandit: YAY FOR ZE DOGGIES!!:bandit:

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

How many downloads do you have? I wonder how fast it would be with 5,000 downloads? Congrats on a fancy machine anyway.

6. Simon-Grey

Simon-Grey New Member

True Mirelly, i have no downloads, and for sure the downloads would slow it down, which is why im not downloading any :p, I'm pretty much happy with whats in it as it came

7. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Well... I've got ATI RADEON 9800 SE Family as the title of my graphics card.

8. Simon-Grey

Simon-Grey New Member

I wouldnt get the 6200, go for the 6600 at least, or you will regret it, for the price a 6200 is just thrwoing away money...if you can get a 6600GS or something along those lines, stay away from LE and turbocache though, and the 7300 as well

9. DCP11OC

DCP11OC New Member

I have Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX, such a powerful and beautiful card!