Aspiration and Career Rewards

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by zydeco, Oct 18, 2004.

1. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

That *IS* one of the most important effects of career objects, yes. The others are only of interest if they provide noticeable monetary award, like the chocolate machine.

2. Illuminati

Illuminati New Member

Well, I think it should be cooler if these rewards could do something exclusive to them, for exemple the Science reward should give you the possibility to poison food, like "Serve Poisonned Cake", it could be a swift way to eradicate sim that you don't like.

I whine because I've create a ermit sim yesterday and I've rush his skill to the max (I'm proud of this sim, he started with nothing, only the regular "beginning objects" except for the oven and his bed, and now he fullfilled all his major needs and I didn't bought nothing yet :happy: he's a knowledge sim by the way), and now, he have nothing to do, his carreer reward is useless to him cause he's a ermit. (its not the 4 bucks per chocolate that will make him richer by the way, and I'm not talking about the biotech, it's a joke).

EDIT: Oh and by the way, what is approximatly the percentage modifier if I train a newbie sim with a sim with all of his skills to the max?

3. J. M. Pescado

Heh, I think overt acts of direct murder are not present in TS1, and you DEFINITELY don't want to infect a townie with a contagious disease, because it will spread like an unending epidemic across your entire neighborhood, while the townie itself never actually dies from it.

4 bucks a chocolate actually adds up, since you can just park the sim on the Chocolater and rack up up to a few hundred bucks on a day off, since, unlike the biotech station, the chocolate station is "non-interrupting", so you will not be hassled for input every time he finishes.

The biotech station, on the other hand, cannot really be considered to be "for profit", as selling a medicine nets peanuts. You mostly use it when you actually want a medicine, and it's probably the most dangerous one, since your Sim can, although rather unlikely, actually die from the side effects.

But yeah, a Knowledge Sim who has fulfilled all of his goals in life tends to go downhill. The man who knows everything comes to realize that he knows nothing, and with nothing else to aspire to, he comes apart. Once a Knowledge sim maxes everything, you have to distract him woohoo. Otherwise, he has no other meaningful goals in life and can't really earn Asp.

4. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

Yeah, but if the Biotech station could actually produce poison, then it wouldn't spread and the victim would die rather quickly. The death of an enemy by such means should cause the perpetrating Sim to do that cheering, clapping, hooting thing. Or a "Bwa ha ha" laugh. That would be awesome.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

It would also be murder and most decidely not within the remit of an ESRB teen rate.

6. J. M. Pescado

Yeah, because doing the Cask of Amontillado is so much less gruesome and unmurderous. :)

7. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

Haha, we were just studying that story in English at school today. I love Poe's writing :D

The difference between killing someone with that means and poisoning is that it is not something directly "intended" by the game, while poisoning is. Pool-murders, death by prolonged incarcerations, and the like are indirectly dealt by the user without it being explicitly intended in the game. Poisoning, on the other hand, is something directly done to a Sim by another Sim.

However, if there was an purchasable cage object specifically designed to hold and immobilize a Sim until his/her expiration, that would classify as an "intentional" murder and would be banned.

I still think it would be cool though.

8. J. M. Pescado

I wouldn't say it's directly "unintended". We do have the interesting Maxian storyline where Brandi Broke murders her husband by means of the "suspicious pool ladder accident". Unless it was the one-armed man. I think it's safe to say that after TS1, Maxis was fully aware of this pattern of behavior, and the fact that they included such a macabre tale as part of their very own PleasantView storyline is proof.

And "indirectly dealt by the user", as opposed to dealt by the actions of a Sim? Let's just say that there are moveable objects in the game that will very much allow a Sim to directly recreate the "Cask of Amontillado" without ever having to use the Buy/Build hand.

Ah, but already exists. There's that helpful virus, which, while apparently devoid of any purpose, was obviously intended to do something, and may actually do something if a Sim autonomously messes with it. We're uncertain about this. At the moment, the virus seems entirely useless, though, as no interactions exist for it beyond "dispose", so it's unclear why you'd make it.

That, and there's always the plates of rotting food, which visiting sims will helpfully eat and poison themselves on. Seeing as you can intentionally direct a Sim to create plates of rotting food, and then feed them to hapless chumps...

However, if there was an purchasable cage object specifically designed to hold and immobilize a Sim until his/her expiration, that would classify as an "intentional" murder and would be banned.