Aspirations

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Aspirations

Hello again. I know: I had the game for ages now, I have Uni and Nightlife and still Im baffled. See, I want to create sims who, like, wants to be business tycoons, so I choose a suiting name, like the ashcrofts, or something like that. I make sure that they are money happy sims, and then I move them in. Then I realize that suddenly the stupid sim wants to be in Army intelligence!
    How do I make my sims so their aspirations actually match their personality?
    Are there any blueprints? Out of appr. 15 characters I have 3 who are spot on. The rest are just living there. One is a golfcaddie, but dreams of becioming a doctor. Please help me, there must be some way to make this happen

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Each aspiration has several lifetime wants that are permanent (unless you use a cheat such as the boolprop cheat).

To have the want, your Sim would need to be either a Fortune aspiration. You probably chose Popularity as your Sim's aspiration. That's the one which is most likely to want to be a General/Military Career.

The other things that a Fortune Sim may want as their lifetime want (which seems to be by luck) are:
    earn $100,000
    Become Chief of Staff/Medicine career
    Become Hall of Famer/Athletic career
    or (my least favorite but which is also part of the Knowledge lifetime wants) become a Criminal Mastermind/Criminal.

So, your best chance is to have a Fortune Sim if you want them to have a lifetime want of Tycoon/Business career. But even so, it isn't 100% sure that you'll get it every time.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

4. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Yes, and thank you Mirelly. You have stepped up for me a number of times, and I appreciate it. Only problem is... I dont have internet access at home, so I cant download stuff from the library pc. I guess I just have to go back to the basics:)

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

but most libraries let you do printouts....... print mirelly's advice and take it home with you. or bring a blank cd with you and copy it to that.