At Least 6 Die in PA School Shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SolidSnake_19, Oct 2, 2006.

1. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

At Least 6 Die in PA School Shooting

From MSN.com (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15105305/?GT1=8618)

All I can say really is wow. I never would have expected something like that to happen in a small Amish community of all places.
    I feel sorry for the families. :(

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

According to the television, only 3 students are dead, with another 7 or so in critical condition. Regardless, every life in that community has been shattered. These people don't have television or internet or video games and have never been exposed to the kind of casual evil our culture embraces. I don't know how they can even begin to deal with this.

It's completely incomprehensible why someone would think killing little girls would somehow help him avenge some wrong. I wish I believed in hell, because that would make me feel better. If anyone deserves eternal torment, it's this guy. He was evil. He planned this. This was not a random act.

As the mother of a little girl I just want to hold her and never let her out of my sight again.

This is going to affect everyone in the country.

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm confused, because although this article title also says 6 killed, it's only talking about 3 within the article. This is just getting more and more sad. This is the 3rd school shooting in a week in the states. Several within the past few years.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The last two incidents I believer were men shooting off weapons. I hope this isn't another male-related shooting. -_-'

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

:( :( :(

This is really really sad, and my blood is boiling after reading about the guy who did this. He is a coward on 2 counts - had to take the lives of children before he took his own. He planned it, knew that children were going to die, and he will have known the outcome whether the police caught him or not. There would never have been a peaceful end to the situation.

Those poor families - their lives have been ripped apart. Crimes against children boil me up inside, I feel really angry. :mad:

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

By the way, the killer wasn't Amish. He may even have chosen the school at random.

News so far is that he was a "nice family man" who suddenly went beserk. I don't believe people change so completely from one hour to the next. I'm sure there were warning signs. For example, he was loaded down with weapons of various kinds. So how long did he take to accumulate them? Who did he buy them from? Where did he store them? What did he talk about with family and friends?

We just don't know enough about how the mind works.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

He left notes indicating that he was avenging something that had happened to him 20 years ago. 20 years?!!!! Had he never heard of therapy? And meanwhile, these children weren't even born yet. Even if they had been, they'd never harmed anyone.

I just feel sick.

Nice family man my sweet patootie. He was a messed up sicko.

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

agreed

Dear Lord in Heaven, you are the God of mercy and grace. this man was not and was not acting in your will. Please bring healing to the Amish community and especially to the families that lost daughters in this tradegy.

in your Son's name.