Spore At your command!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

At your command!

Ask anything that comes into your mind, and i'll try to answer it right away, iv'e been following this project since i knew about it, so....go ahead!

Heat ;)

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

What stage is the game in? I.e. BETA, ALPHA etc.

3. boines

boines New Member

nearly done Will is going to show off more at e3 in may. So it should be gold later this yr we hope. Music and CC is what they need to get done..
    have you heard the mp3 file? It tells you

4. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I think it's in the late Beta, i even might say it's pretty finished, cause it looked that way at GDC, and it probably needs a little bit of finishing touches and that stuff...

Heat

5. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Dling as we speak ma'am!

6. Snooty

Snooty New Member

From an older article:
    "I have no idea when this game is coming out since it's all hush hush. But I do know that he's been thinking about it since at least Spring 2003, and that it will be out for PC."

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

And that's why it looked so finished at GDC, it's been alot since 2003 :spin:

Heat

8. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

Exactly what type of game is this? Simulation?

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I think we might just want to create a new type called "Spore", Spore...can be simulation, can be fantasy, can be action, strategy, everything! It has all kind of aspects....

Heat

10. AL13ND

AL13ND New Member

I don't think the game going to be out for a while.

11. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

Do you have a general idea of what the specs will be like?

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Nothing is sure my friend, but i can risk it and say i'm pretty sure it will hit the shelves in the first quarter of 2006.

Not a single hint.

Heat

13. XPDude

XPDude New Member

^ Should be a strong system.. and I think the release date will be later than Q1 2006. Remember Sims 2? It has gone through 2 E3s.

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I would give a guess and say it won't be too far from the System that is recommended in the sims 2....

Heat

15. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Nah, that will be tough. Look at the amount and detail and the broadness of the game. 1 bet I'll be making is that the game will come in a DVD version ONLY (unless EA has enough money to put 8 discs inside the game)

The game will definitely be MORE than 3.5GB.

16. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Wrong again, did you know that each creature will only take 1 KB of a space?? Did you know that each facility won't take more than 16 KB of space? ;)

Heat

17. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Whoops. I've forgotten about that important point. I'll withdraw that.

18. strillor

strillor New Member

confused? yah!

I think Will Wright saw how much "the audience" waited for the Sims2, and I hope he'd taken back that mistake. So this time he's said it in a good time, so it wont take that long. IF he'd thought about it for that long, I think he would be very prepared for making that game. After "the Sims games" he knows what's possible and what's not.

Or maybe I'm just imaging that thing, cuz I can't wait until 2007 or around there..... I waited for Sims2 in 3years or something like that... And it was damn hard :grumpy:

"sorry for my spelling, I'm danish not english :S"

19. Sim Guy

Sim Guy New Member

Do u think its possible that they might delay it? (just wonderin)

20. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Everythingis possible when your'e talking about Maxis, so yeah, delaying is a possibility, but i repeat, from what iv'e seen in GDC, It was pretty much finished, the only aspect that didn't impress the guys there was the music, which can be fixed in months...

Heat :bouncy: