Spore At your command!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Very interesting question, thanks for bringing that up..

Well, my simple answer is that i have no idea, i really have no idea, there's so much to ask but not a lot available for us to read about =\ .

I'm pretty sure of one thing, and it's that the smaller your creature is, the less it will take it's offsprings to develop, which is pretty obvious

2. I LOVE THEE NOT!

I LOVE THEE NOT! New Member

ok thanks heat for answering.

ok my next question will we get leaders of our race sort of like a tribe leader and can we get generals on the battle feild like if your prepareing for a very long attack on a well defended planet you want to take over and can we give our warriors armour?

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Hmm, not sure but it is likely that a tribe will have leader, but i'm not sure about battle generals.

Confirmed.

Heat

4. shock

shock New Member

:shocked: that was fast

5. I LOVE THEE NOT!

will some of the races be more agressive and attack us just randomly even if we haven't attacked them or there allies but we are in the UFO stage?

6. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Not to steal heat's thunder, but yes.

There are two factors that determine the aggressiveness of other races: The first one is how aggressive you are. If you kill and maim a lot of races, the new ones you meet will be more inclined to attack you. Secondly, will be the other race's natural disposition towards violence. Some races are naturally more aggressive than others. From what I understand, the way a race acts depends on how their creator played the game.

Remember, every creature in the spore galaxy is created by someone, and their personality depends on how their creator played them. If someone plays a race very violently, then when you meet that race in the game, they will be violent as well (from what I understand).

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Nobody's looking for thunder, we're looking for answers and if you got them, feel free to post them =)

Heat

8. I LOVE THEE NOT!

ok might be a stupid one but say I create my aliens and I make them red in the wild could they say turn a diff colour? Like say they breed,layed eggs and the egg produced a black dragon for example can this happen?

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Very possible, genes & DNA will probably play a role in the breeding proccess.

Heat

10. shock

shock New Member

consiering chaing genes is you have breed things

11. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

I was under the impression that all of your creatures have the same 'genes', that is, they all have the same traits that you edit into them in the creature editor menu.

12. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Not to barge in or anything, but quick question. When evolving the brain, does your creature go straight from a solitary hunter to a tribe, or can we have a middle ground? .....a pride/pack if you will

13. shock

shock New Member

no idea on my part

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Shock, this is not the first time i see you doing this, if you have no positive contribution to make to the thread, please do not post at all.

The first rule says:

Now back on topic, please.
    Heat

15. shock

shock New Member

if this qesution has already been call, i want to say im sorry ahead of time.

during the "RISK" part of spore, do you actully control the units or do they just attack automaticlly like in the video?

16. BioCat

BioCat New Member

amphibious

I heard your creatures can be Aquatic or Landwalkers, but can they be amphibious?

17. strillor

strillor New Member

I'm pretty sure you control them. I think Will Wright said that in the video.

you mean be in both worlds right?
    I think your cities can only be on either landground or in the water. not both. but maybe your creatures can hunt in the ocean like penguins or turtles :D

18. BioCat

BioCat New Member

Amphibious

I liked the water hunters idea :spin: .
    I also wonder if your craetures can metamorphosis like toads or butterflys. Any idea?

19. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Maybe, BioCat, nothing's for sure... I'm guessing (but not really hoping) that in the early stages of our creatures we'll be able to choose what type of creature we are making; for example, an amphibian, or a mammal, or an insect, you know.

Or maybe it'll all be based on the parts we choose for our creatures, like fins and skin and legs and things. Maybe if they seem like a butterfly, they'll automatically go into some kind of a metamorphasis stage. I don't know.

We'll wait and see...

20. BioCat

BioCat New Member

From what I heard and saw I think there will be much more freedom. We won't have to choose what type of creatures we are creating, and the way we make it will have effect on it's abilties. I also wonder what about inner processes like breathing and breeding and whether or not we can change or improve them but I guess that's too much for one game :spin: .