Spore At your command!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. munch

munch New Member

simulation, stragedgy, what Will said was, umm "Civilization"

2. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Ahhh, but these arn't humans and there "is" space travel.

3. I LOVE THEE NOT!

I LOVE THEE NOT! New Member

question about the health bar...

how dose it raise how dose it lower and what affects it? :confused:

4. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

No specific answer can be found from the info gathered so far, but my common sense says that attacks & illness might get it down, while food, medications might get it up. I also beleive that it fills automatically when you're not attacked, the speed it fills back up depends on your defense abilities.

Heat

5. MrErops

MrErops New Member

I have a question about the underwater cities.

While under water, another city might be able to attack, just like on land right? And from what I have read the underground cities are in a bubble, now when attacked, would the bubble possible break, and water come flying in and drown all of your creautres? Because if you have friendly creatures who do not believe in war, in the bubble, and didn't defend themself, then there entire race would be wiped out with 1 or 2 hits.

Edit - Also I have another question, about galaxies. Has it been confirmed that there will be more than 1? :smile:

6. strillor

strillor New Member

and the same in the universe colonies :eek:

I'm just resizing the question :spin:

7. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire New Member

will we have to wait for another year or two before the game is finally released (for the PC, anyway)?

8. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

About Strillor's and MrErops' questions about being attacked while inside a bubble or while inside a certain land: there must be some kind of way to these creatures to survive and defend themselves, it won't be worthy to play them if they couldn't, and Maxis surely wants you to try all the expriences.

One possible way of the many ones available is that your underwater city will have radars that will tell you if an enemy is approaching, this way you can get your forces out to prevent the enemy from wiping you out.

Again, this is just a potential way...it's not confirmed, but if we look at the strategic logic in such games, each "faction", or each population in this case must have a way to defend and attack.

Confirmed? no. Likely to be? i don't know honestly.

I remember myself talking full of confidence about how Spore was going to be released back in 2005, and i've been wrong, very wrong. Before Wright decides to spit some clues, i will not take another bet in this issue :silly:

Heat

9. Mason11987

Mason11987 New Member

There will be only 1, will stated it in the gaming steve interview. There is no need for more then 1 since there will be quote "more places then someone could visit in a lifetime" (Wright)

Signs point to early 2007, I'd LOVE late 2006, but the wired article released in april suggests that it would be early 2007 that it's coming out, and the only evidence we had earlier that it would hit in Fall '06 was the gaming steve interview in following E3 '05. At GDC '05 the game that was shown wasn't necessarily close to being done, it wasn't continuous, he used a kind of save state to go from section to section in his presentation (look at the creature close enough, the tribal ones isn't EXACTLY the one in the creature one, same with after water transform and the first steps on the beach (even though it SEEMS it is right after, it's not the same creature).