How Do I Backup and files

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Nyane28, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Nyane28

Nyane28 New Member

Backup and files

I want to buy a new laptop. However, I´ve been playing on my old laptop. When I buy the new laptop How to back up the Sims 3 Game? Which files I have to save and how I put them on my new laptop.

Thanks in advance.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Backup the save data in Windows XP:

1. Click the Start button and select My Documents.
    2. Select the Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
    4. Right-click on your desktop and select Paste.
    5. To restore your Sims 3 save games, move this folder back into the Electronic Arts folder after re-installing the game.

Backup the save data in Windows Vista:

1. Click the Start button and select Documents.
    2. Select the Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
    4. Right-click on your desktop and select Paste.
    5. To restore your Sims 3 save games, move this folder back into the Electronic Arts folder after re-installing the game.

3. Nyane28

Nyane28 New Member

Thank you very much. You are fast.

4. ShelleyB

ShelleyB New Member

Months later, and you are a great help to me, too. I'm having to reload back to OS and will lose everything except the data I backup online (sims isn't considered relevant data so isn't part of the online backup). I didn't want to lose all my months-worth of work. Thanks for the info.

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You'd be a lot safer backing up to a external hard drive than a online back up site.
    Just about anything online can be hacked!

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Compressing, encrypting and then uploading to an online backup site can be extremely useful. I don't think a fire going through your house would leave the external drive uncooked.

7. swmeek

I'm sure it has it's advantages until someone hacks the website !

8. Flameback777

But then they would have to decrypt your backup. Even if they managed to do that, what would they find? Probably just some digital photos and hopefully not bank details and credit card numbers in a plain text file! :p

9. swmeek

That makes sense my friend!
    Unless of course there were pictures of a unmentionable nature in there! :ducks:

10. Flameback777

Then it may be better for those pictures to not be backed up and just lost instead. ;)

11. Jassey

Jassey New Member

I am in trouble that my PC shut down sometime automatically and I lost a very useful data. How can I arrange Backup file and PC automatically build backup files for recover. cleveland launcher irons

12. swmeek

i would suggest you look for some good backup software and an external drive to back up to.