Troubleshooting Bad gosub tree number

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by resmc157, Oct 30, 2005.

1. resmc157

resmc157 Quantum Physicist

Bad gosub tree number

I think one of my houses is bugged! I keep getting (repeatedly!) this wierd error message saying there was a "bad gosub tree number".:confused: I end up having to click "reset", but the message repeats so much I have to either delete the sim, or exit and reload the house (but when I go back to the house, the same thing keeps happening!) What is going on:confused:

2. resmc157

Help

HELP!!! This has now spread to my whole game!! I can't play any house in any neighborhood without getting this problem!!!!Play entirely impossible!!

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

OK calm down dear. :)

First please tell us more. The game????

Name your game and expansion packs and secondly confirm that you bought the games legally because all help and advice is based on legal ownership as pirated games are prone to many faults and (frankly) we don't care if pirated games utterly ruin your computer and your day ...

The ball's in your court now ... :rolleyes:

4. resmc157

I only have the original TS2 (no expansion packs.), purchased completely legally.
    I have recently downloaded some hacks, however, this started a while before I downloaded these. I don't have too many downlaods, due to a dial-up internet connection (am upgrading in 2wks, though:) ). The downlaods I do have include the Merolian paintings, Valdea NPCs, a few rugs, bathroom items etc. I also have InSiminator, and SimPE, though I don't think they are causing the problem, as I have been using them for a while without problems.
    I am also getting another error message (also repeatedly:(
    Controller-FFS Macrotastics #11
    Error:person data field is out of range
    These two error messages keep popping up so frequently it is hard to click anything, like exit, or save (I haven't saved the game since I got this problem.)
    Like I said, this is making gameplay virtually impossible!
    Thank you for your time.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

OK. It sounds like your playing with the boolprop testingcheatsenabled set to true rather than false. Maybe your game is starting in that mode??? Can't check the folder detail from this computer but the EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder in My Documents isn't too tricky to scan through. The start up cheats config file is a simple text file ...

Next thought is FFS Macrotastics. That's a Pescado hack and (as far I recall) is supposed to be NL friendly but maybe that's the problem. Look for it and dump it ... or explain why you think it is not the problem.

6. resmc157

Thank You!!

Turning off the default debug mode solved the problem. Thank you so much:D . You saved me from having to reinstall (which would take forever on an old machine like mine.). THANK YOU, Mirelly!:)

7. resmc157

WAIT!It's back!

Oh no! The game seemed to work fine for a while, but it came back. Deleted my J.M.Pescado hacks. will see if this works. Wish me luck.

8. resmc157

Okay. Looked through my Pescado hack downlaods, deleted ones I weren't sure of, Uni ones, ones I don't need. I also deleted Macrotastics. This makes my problem manageable. I still get some of the following error messages (only ocasionally, as specified below:(

Error occured in object Wants Controller #97
    Error:Bad gosub tree number

Controller-Relationship Decay #91
    Bad gosub tree number

The Wants Controller thing only comes up when wants change/are achieve/are refreshed. The Relationship Decay one comes on only when the relationships decay daily at 7:00pm (sim time).

9. packerbacker

packerbacker New Member

WOW, can somebody say "rolleroaster ride?"

10. resmc157

Yeah, really. While this problem has been solved, more have poped up in their place. To see the continuing saga of my TS2 Problems, go to MATY.