[Basic Discussion - NO SPOILERS] Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 5, 2005.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

we never preorder. my parents just go out at midnight an buy um. can't wait till my dad leaves it out cause ill be able to finish it in a flash.

2. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

The menfolk went out and bought me my copy last night. I stayed up until 1am reading it. :rolleyes:

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

It's that gud, huh? You know, I was so determined to read book 5 in 2 days, I was sat up at 11:58pm on night 2 speed reading. I finished it a min later. I think that's pretty good for a - well. I'm 14 now. What year did 5 come out?

4. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

it came out two years ago in July. I remember :) It's like milestones in our lives.

I think I first read the Philosopher's Stone when I was like 13/14 then I got the set that Xmas. I got the Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and The Half-Blood Prince off Amazon on the release date.

To think, when I read Book 7, I'll be 19 ish!

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hey Slim, This Is A Spoiler

Okay, I didn't pre-order. I went to Wal-mart Saturday Afternoon and got one off the pile they have sitting up near the registers. There wasn't even a crowd: Just two old Dana Carvey-church-ladies clones picking the book up, tisking over it's Satansitic cover, and then glaring at me as I smiled and handed it to my children, damning their little souls. (ROTFLAMO! I hope you see the sarcasm in all that.)

Okay, I was a little annoyed about the all the Muggles in the 1st chapter myself, and I completely forgot who Bella was. You know, I needed to re-read the 5th one and refresh my memory. :( And what the heck is the deal with Snape?? I'm so confused!! Okay, I know, I have to keep reading now. LMAO. My Simmies are lonely and bored, sitting in their homes, frozen, saying, "Why hasn't she played in two days? Is she on vacation? Is she mad at us?" :rolleyes:

6. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

If I write any spoilers, I will make them white to not be unfair to others. Just highlight it if you wanna know :)

Yeah. I was a bit confused too. When I started reading it, it was a bit too heavy for me, all the new characters and description.

I was so shocked at Snape though. It does show that you can't trust everyone and that Harry Potter is always right. I was disliking the way they were being rude to him but we can relate to it.

Overall a good book. It took me 7 hours to finish, another 2 years till the next book -sigh- Let's hope J.K doesn't have another child inbetween lol I think she's having one for every new book released.

7. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

You forgot about Bella? You forgot she lived in Pleasantview and was married to Mortimer Goth and had a Kid named Cassandra before her abduction and return into Strangetown??? lol. If you need a picture, she is the one in the red honding the baby... LOL!

New Spoiler Discussion Thread:
    :eek: THIS LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS!:eek:
    http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=5605

Attached Files:

8. LOZERloser

LOZERloser New Member

Anyone have any Harry Potter Skins or sites with them?

Now would be an awesome time to post them... :winks: :winks:

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Simstuff.com has a few :). You just gotta dig through the databases.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Bella Goth is at Hogwarts???? No wonder players can't find her in Strangetown! ;)

11. LOZERloser

LOZERloser New Member

I search through the site, i couldn't find anything, it kept coming up, there was nothing that matched the cirlicla--whatever.. could you point me in a better spot... or maybe a link of the exact find that you seen them? Because i can't find a thing.:ermm:

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

:p :p :p :p :p Oh, okay, I remember now. . .that's where Bella went. She showed up in my book when I didn't waste hours of valuble sims-playing time looking for her!!