Beatiful Japanese story.... read!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Emidio, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Emidio

Emidio New Member

Beatiful Japanese story.... read!

Japanese story...

>In a long time ago, into a little and far away village, there was a place that was known as the 1000 mirrors house. A little and happy puppy decided to visit the place.

>When arrived there, he hopped happily upstairs until the house entry. He looked through the door with his very curious little ears and his tail shaking so much as he could. For his big surprise,

>He found other 1000 happy and tiny little puppies. All shaking their tails so much as the puppy's. Then he smiled, and the 1000 puppies smiled too.

>When he got out of the house, he thought: "What a wonderful place! I'll be always here"

>In this same village, other little and tiny puppy, that was sad, decided to visit the house. He got upstairs calmly, and looked through the door. He saw 1000 sad puppies that looked at him. He started to bark and growl. The other puppies showed a big grin and loud barks.

>When he got out he thought: "What a horrible place! I'll never come back here!"

All the people on the world are like mirrors. What kind of reflex you see on people you meet? Smile! :classic::classic::classic:

2. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

"The Pillowbook of Sei Shonogun". It was written by a Japanese lady many years ago - in the days of Shoguns and general war. It is quite good but I think it may need more ready than I have given it. It is the only 'Japanese' book I have ever read. I did see The Magnificent Seven (the Seven Samurai). I also saw the Seven Samurai.
    But I thought that the Japanese ate dogs - but perhaps I am wrong again. I understand that they do eat Snakes.

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

The chinese eats dogs Philip. Not all of course since we do have chinese people here at the forum as well. But I think it's quite common in China.
    Some part of the chinese "culture" really upsets us here. Like the alive skinning of cats! The skins are then sold abroad as mink or other skins and made into clothes. I never buy any leather products, not even shoes, if i'm not 100% sure where it comes from.
    At the same time - the chinese older cultures has a lot of valuable and real good things to teach us. The acupnucture for example!!! That's really a great thing!!! It helped me a lot anyway. :classic:
    It's the same syndrom. There is a good side and a bad side to almost anything. Yin and Yang. :classic:
    So let us try see the good things first and help eachother to protest or do whats necessary to change the bad.

4. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

You know nina,actually the Vietnamese peepz eat dogz.i know sumchinese peepz eat snakez but i'm not too sure wether they actually eat dogz or not ,. betta ask sumone chinese,lol ;)

5. Emidio

Emidio New Member

The koreans eat dogs too! I don't like it, tho.... :confused: Some medicine of chinese ancients are really great and have power of cure. Believe, there are some really giant places where they sell every kind of natural thing to make medicines, as the old ones used to do. They really work! :classic:

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think a lot of places where they eat dogs they don't rely on it as much as a food source as they used to long ago. Also a lot of places they eat dogs the dogs are very different and wild and not like our domestic dogs, they are more like wild pigs, so the people don't think of them as cute pets! :p

I like the story of the puppies and the house of 1,000 mirrors though! :D I may have to look up that book Phillip, it sounds interesting! I want to see the Seven Samurai, I've heard a lot about it and seen other movies based on it.