Belated Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions Forums' started by Randomzero, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Randomzero

Randomzero New Member

Belated Introduction

Hey, I haven't exactly introduced myself to everybody yet for anybody whose been interested :rolleyes: . Well, here we go:

My name is Michael Liao (referred to Mike sometimes), born and still living in San Jose, specifically Berryessa/Milpitas. As of writing this, 15, full blooded Chinese currently in sophmore year here at Piedmont Hills High School.

I'm usually not into books, but the ones I've had great interest in are the Redwall series, Starship Troopers, Novelization of Halo: Combat Evolved, Star Wars novels bar NJO, and of course, big, fat, 200 page game manuals.

My favorite movies are probably Star Wars, Musa the Warrior, Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, the Austin Powers trilogy, Forrest Gump, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. My favorite Actors are probably Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Tom Hanks, and Mike Meyers.

My favorite game...Man, thats a TOUGH one considering I've been gaming since 1994 playing Super Mario World on the SNES. I'm probably going to have to say Call of Duty, The Sims 2, and CivIII. Had some great time with Westwood's C&C series as well as with Brothers in Arms. I have high hopes for Age of Empires 3 and F.E.A.R., especially after almost soiling myself after playing the demo.

My favorite TV series are The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Band of Brothers. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream has to be my favorite dessert. My favorite color is black.

Guess I'll go over my hobbies now. I'm a real gamer at heart, probably can't call myself hardcore, but jaded at the least. I used to play on my Nintendo 64 before I moved onto the Xbox, before building my first computer in middle school. Eventually I moved onto bigger fish, making dedicated gaming rigs and really trying my hands at case modding. Outside of gaming, I might be inclined to have a quick game of soccer or B-ball, though I have had my history with Karate/Kung Fu/Wushu, learning the artform from Church, the Communtiy Center, to Champions with Awards to simply an experinced instructor's garage who happened to have a truckload of equipment on his driveway. Finally, the one thing that probably makes me a geek is the fact that I have MU*ded before. What can I say, at least I learned a little scripting/coding/building.

Right now I'm just trying to balance out school with gaming, just waiting for the chance to build another dedicated gaming PC, starving for the table scraps of Will Wright, Sid Meier, and Bruce Shelley. A cruel fate, being in love with gaming, yet having to remain Jaded, never satisfied until the elusive diamond in the rough makes itself known. I have some experince in the modding. community, churning out maps for Call of Duty, having a little fun in seeing the horrific creations I make by modelling and skinning. I have future aspirations of getting into UC Berkley and becoming a computer engineer or game developer.

2. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Wow - you made your own comuter? That's so cool. I couldn't be bothered introducing myself in such a formal manner - I'm just lazy. And we'd be here all night... I sometimes tend to go on and on and on and on and on . . . .

But - hi!

PS The Simpsons is the greatest creation since sliced bread. Or any bread, for that matter.