How Do I Best way to make screen caps

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Nov 17, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I make a lot of screen caps in the game, to use in stories for my blog. It's very tedious because I have to hit CTRL Alt Tab each time I want to use my photoshop program, and it takes forever for the game to come back up. Also I then have to crop half the picture away to hide the control board. Any quicker way to take screen caps where I don't have to reduce the game? Someone wrote that hitting F10 would get rid of the control or dashboard (whatever you call it), but then I read elsewhere that you need a special program for F10 to do that.

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I think hitting tab hides the UI? I'm not sure and don't have TS2 installed anymore but try that.

Use a program like Fraps to hotkey a screenshot key and use that to take pics. So it would end up being like: tab, F10 (or whatever hotkey you decide on), tab.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I noticed people talking about Fraps, is this a risky download? Meanwhile I'll trying hitting TAB. Here's another dumb question, what does UI stand for? I keep referring to the "control board", "dashboard" etc, but obviously it's not called that. Thanks for helping :)

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You can download FRAPS from a couple of places online like http://www.filehippo.com/download_fraps/
    I've never had any problems with anything I've ever downloaded from there.
    If you're worried about it, download it and then right mouse click it and have your anti-virus scan the zip file before you install it.

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I might not need it, Tab worked all by itself. Bless you, my son! The only extraneous thing still left on the screen is whatever actions you have in the queue. BTW, your cat reminds me of my Babydoo, he's an orange tabby too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorelei_1/56088299/in/set-1215227/ (I tried to insert an image here but it wouldn't do it. Have no idea why not).

6. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

aww cute! show us more of your tabby Steve.

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

UI = User Interface

That's what I've been calling it anyway. :p

8. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Oh, thanks, Flameback, I appreciate it :)

9. swmeek

I'd have to do some file digging to see if I can find any more.

10. swmeek

I decided to take some new pictures.

Attached Files:

ManagerJosh likes this.
  11. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Aww...:D

12. swmeek

You say awww but in reality he's a little stinker!

13. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

hehe! I'm sure...

14. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Great pics! Beautiful eyes and coat, too. He sure reminds me of my own boy. LOL Mine has amber eyes to go with his coat, too. Curled up by my chair right now.

15. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

16. swmeek

They look close enough to be kin kitties! :p

17. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Wow!:eek:

18. swmeek

Most orange tabbies all kind of look the same to me .

19. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

haha! so, you wouldn't notice if your tabby isn't yours? :p

20. swmeek

Dunno this is the 3rd orange tabby I've had (as far as I can remember) and they've all pretty much looked the same.