Troubleshooting Body Shop and Sims 2 Loading Issues

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by TangyTo, Mar 17, 2007.

1. TangyTo

TangyTo New Member

Body Shop and Sims 2 Loading Issues

Recently, I have been having a relatively large amount of trouble getting either the sims 2 game to load, or the bodyshop.

The Sims 2 Nightlife, the game I have installed, takes 30minutes plus to even begin loading, and when the bar starts moving, it gets stuck about 75% through. :mad: I usually just quit the game and don't play.

I tried opening the bodyshop two days ago as well, and 95% of the custom content I have installed was gone. The sims were still there, but their custom contented hair was missing, and they just had like, half of a head. No hair at all.

Most of the clothes were gone as well.:(

Yesterday when I tried opening the bodyshop again, it simply would not load. I tried multiple times.
    This is very dissapointing, and I hope these issues can be resolved.

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Hmm.. that's very strange. "95% of the custom content I have installed was gone. The sims were still there, but their custom contented hair was missing, and they just had like, half of a head. No hair at all" I've never heard of that happening before. And I'm sorry but I'm not going to be to much help because I rearly use Bodyshop because I don't get it at all, what are you supposed to DO? I mean, yeah, I understand that you're supposed to create sims and stuff there but how you do it is my problem.

But I just wanted you to know, that you are not the only one that has problems with it loading because my Bodyshop takes FOR EVER to load -- and I guess that's partly why I don't use it. But my actual game works fine.

Sorry if I wasn't to much use at all.:eek:

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Muffin dear, please check your private messages ...

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Body Shop always takes a long time to load when there are lot of downloads in the downloads folder. The half a head syndrome is a common glitch that is not always related to meshes and skins files. It is more likely due to a corrupt cache file.

First try deleting the cache files to force the game to regenerate them. This will of course greatly increase the the next start up time but it is worth it for the clean cache that results in faster, smoother and less glitchy game play.

The cache files are found in

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

the files to delete are as follows:

> accessory.cache
    > cigen
    > ContentRegistry
    > groups.cache

Don't be scared to kill them .... just delete them and restart the game. :)

5. Leticron

Leticron New Member

I had that happen when I moved all Meshes into its own folder underneath Downdload.
    As it was stated that it's now safe to move Meshes, the glitch on my computer might just have been a coincidence (esp. since moving them back to Downloads didn't accomplish anything)
    Don't worry about the temp-files...they're safe to delete

-le