Body Shop Resources and System Requirements

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, May 12, 2004.

1. kallidawn

kallidawn Kalli

Gateway 420GR, pentium 4 processor... 2.93 GHZ, 504 MB of Ram, 160 GB hard drive.

Anything else that should be included? The video card isn't anything special but it is 64 MB - more than the game requires.

I followed your link - thanks - but I've actually installed that fix already. I thought it might help too, but it didn't. This just really sucks, and it's weird because the game works, just not the body shop. You'd think if one worked, the other would too.

Anyone else have Anymore ideas or advice or help for me?... i'm desperate.

2. kallidawn

kallidawn Kalli

Thanks for your trying to help... I've installed the Sims patch... I thought it'd help too, but it didn't. As far as specs...

Gateway 420Gr
    Intel Petium 3 CPU 2.93 GHz, 504 MB of Ram, 160 GB hard drive.
    Memory speed 400 MHz

As far as the 420Gr video and audio...
    Video Chipset - Intel graphics media accelerator
    Video Bus - PCI express x16
    Video integration - Motherboard
    Shared video Ram (max) - 64mb

I dont know if that means anything.. or if you need more info, but I pulled the specs off the manufacturers website, and my computer properties.

Any other ideas for me with getting body shop to work?

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Kalli. Sorry I missed your earlier response.

Click Start then "run". In the white space type dxdiag (It doesn't have to be in red, tho ... :p

We need to see what drivers and what version of DirectX is installed on your machine. When dxdiag completes its run you will have a number of tabs to look at.

The main tabs to look at are System and Display ... don't worry about the tab "DirectX Files"

Tell us the following:
    System Tab: Everything in the System Information Panel.
    Display Tab: Everything in the Device and Drivers Panels.
    Lastly are all the DirectX features enabled?

4. princ3ssali

princ3ssali New Member

Is there any free programs that will work with the Homecrafter or the Body Shop, I tried a few and some programs can't open the files, they're not supported by the program?!?

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Most of the paint programs (free or otherwise) should be able to open a .bmp file. Those are pretty standard files for doing art. If you are not finding the .bmp files to work on for Body Shop or Homecrafter, then you may be looking in the wrong place (as the .bmp is what they both use then turn into a .package file.)

The best one is probably GIMP, but it is also the most complicated. It's very similar to Adobe Photoshop (which is the gold standard for the raster, ie not 3D, art programs.)

You can find it here:
    http://www.gimp.org/
    with some further instructions/help: http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html, http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/faq.html

This one has links to several free products:http://www.a1b2c3.com/free/av09.htm

6. xautumnsoathx

xautumnsoathx New Member

Hey guys, I just registered here, mainly to pray that you guys can help me solve my problem. It's actually identical to kallidawn's problem, but I never saw a solution posted so hopefully I can get one. I'll try and give you all the details. Liker her problem, I get the same "Direct 3d returned an error:D3DERR_INVALIDCALL. Terminating application...". No, Sims 2 was not running, and yes I've got the latest updates, as far as I know. I also ran the Firect3d and Dierctdraw tests, they work fine. Here's my info. from dxdiag:

System:
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20 GHz
    Memory: 1026MB RAM (SD-DDR)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Display:
    Name: Intel(r) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
    Approx. Total Memor: 128.0 MB
    Drivers:
    Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll

Anything else you need? Sims 2 runs fine on my machine, Body Shop doesn't =\

Thanks in advance.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Do you still have the downloadable BodyShop installed on your computer? Some people found that they had problems with the full BodyShop when they had the old BodyShop still on the computer.

8. xautumnsoathx

xautumnsoathx New Member

Nope. This a brand new computer. I did downlaod the original, but it was on my old compaq computer.

9. tessieroo

tessieroo New Member

I came here with the SAME EXACT problem...:D

I'm getting that "Direct 3d returned an error:D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.
    Terminating application...". same message. No, TS2 isn't running, yes,
    I've updated everything. (I even DL'd the 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
    DL's suggested in another thread) I'm having NO problems running the
    game, just BodyShop. And I never DL'd the original version of BodyShop,
    didn't have new computer then. :confused:
    System Specs: (by dxdiag)
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1)
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
    Memory: 502MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
    Card name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
    Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Any clues? Thanks! ;)

10. mardith2004

mardith2004 New Member

The The Sims 2 Body Shop & Home Crafter Plus

I have had no problems in working with them Paint will read the texture files and all you need is a 256 X 256 pixal bmp file for flooring and ground cover. Walls need 256 X 512 bmp. I use the clone tool once in the clone mode I go to "C:\Documents and Settings\cd\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects\HomeCrafter Plus\Working Directory". Cut the file and paste into the diretory for walls, floors, or ground cover and back out of the clone tool for Home crafter plus. Then I edit the file and save it with my art program go into home crafter plus and load it in then give it a name, a descrption,price, how often i should repeat and what type of flooring it is (for the sound), and import.

:)

11. plyemzi

plyemzi New Member

help

plz culd u tell me how to make textures like on coral paintshop pro XI cus i dunno how and i really wanna no how and also how do u make hair styles and change the colour cus i tryed the link on other page and i clicke don it and it sed the web address waz rong

plz help
    plyemzi:confused: