Troubleshooting Bodyshop download problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by The Moog, Nov 13, 2006.

1. The Moog

The Moog New Member

Bodyshop download problems

I have downloaded a number of objects & outfits from various site and although the objects are working fine in the game, I can't seem to get any of the outfits to work. Some of the outfits don't even require new meshes so I know that's not the problem!

All downloads have gone to: 'My docs\EAgames\The Sims 2\Downloads'
    I've even tried relocating a few of the downloads to: 'My docs\EAgames\The Sims 2 Bodyshop\Downloads' but this doesn't work either.

My custom download is enabled in the actual game (hence the objects working fine) so I just can't see why the outfits don't show up in the game or on bodyshop.

All my downloads worked before when I just had The Sims 2. Recently I've added on Pets, plus glamour & fun packs.

Does anybody have any ideas what I should try next?

Thank you in advance! :)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Are the files you putting in .package or .sims2pack format? :0

3. The Moog

The Moog New Member

They are.

All the downloads are from reputable sites anyway, e.g. Mod the Sims, Well Dressed Sim etc. The problem seems to lie with bodyshop, and it could be due to the fact that I had an old version installed which hasn't updated. I'm going to try uninstalling everything and reinstalling from scratch this weekend. :cry:

Thanks anyway.

The Moog

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

bodyshop is updated with each expansion... but you have to open it inside the newest installed expansion...

5. The Moog

The Moog New Member

Hi there. Thanks for that suggestion Michelle. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the games (saving my neighbourhood though ;)). I then opened bodyshop via the pets expansion and it worked a treat. Shame I hadn't realised that before...

Anyhooo, all is now fine 'n dandy. Thank you!

The Moog