How Do I Buy and give gifts

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jessica, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Buy and give gifts

So I need your help...

I have a girlfriend, who sent me flowers with a little note saying she thinks about me all the time. How do I do the same? Buy flowers or jewelery for her and send/give it to her?

Thanks for your help

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Um, as far as I know, you can't give gifts to other sims. Other sims can only give gifts to you. Your sim's girlfriend most likely sent you flowers (was it a bouquet of roses, by any chance?) because she had a dream date with your sim. You'll always get roses if your sims have dream dates. You get a letter with the mail if the date is great, I think, and a flaming bag of poo if it's horrible.

(You get the dates feature with Nightlife if anyone was wondering.)

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Yeah in one of the later exps yiou can give other sims gifts if you like which you can either buy in a shop or out of buy mode. buy it and then put it in your inventory and then give it as a gift.

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

This sounds like the flowers you get when you have a "dream date." The person who initiates the date gets the flowers. So, for her to get flowers, you'd have to play her and have her ask you on the date (and then have a "Dream date.")

If you have the right EP (and I'm not sure if it was Seasons or BonVoyage), you can give something from your inventory by using the "give gift" social from the pie menu. But you have to have it in your inventory for that to work.