Can you clear up a mystery for me?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jun 3, 2005.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Can you clear up a mystery for me?

So I'm playing the Sims, minding my own business, and I have zero downloads from other sites, and suddenly there are a whole bunch of custom hairdos I don't remember creating.

I questioned everyone who uses my computer, not that I'm mad, some of them are cool, but I was truly mystified. No one fessed up, and I'm inclined to believe them ...

I have, for example, a fire engine red bob and a streaked red and black hairdo. And a rainbow mohawk. Purple hair figures prominently. I did experiment with changing haircolors at one point, but not to that extent and I didn't save most of them to the game.

Did this come with Uni and I just missed it? Do I have a strange bug? Did I accidentally grant access to my computer?

I'm baffled. If you know what happened, please share.

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I believe the rainbow mohawk came with uni and there were some new purple hair-dos so it is possible that they all did.:)

3. surprised_by_witches

Wow. I must have been totally dozing that day, not to have noticed that ... thanks!

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

A whole lot of new hair colors can be found in the "custom" section after you install TS2U. I'm surprised that they put them in that section since I thought that was for user-made stuff, but that's where they are.

5. surprised_by_witches

OK ... maybe I'm just cracking up, I play Sims late at night when I can't write anymore and I really need a mental break, so not my clearest thinking time ... but I swear that sometimes those custom hairstyles are there and sometimes they're not, and I can't always access them in Body Shop either. (OK, I admit that I also play it when hubby is at work and kid is occupied, I mean, moms get to have fun too ...)

It could be that I had a fairly small hard drive, I suppose. I'll see if it continues now that I've upgraded. I get my computer back today. Yeah!

It's not a big deal, but it is kind of weird ... I have a couple of Sims with punked-out hair and I'm always thinking that maybe next time I play them they'll be bald ... or have random hair.

6. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

You can't see the Maxis-custom hairstyles on the Create-a-Sim screen, only when you change appearance in the mirror (which is very odd). Does that explain things a little?

7. surprised_by_witches

Yes. I noticed I can't use them in Body Shop, either, which is annoying and which is also why I thought it might be a hack or something ... the hairstyles I downloaded from the Internet show up in Body Shop but the custom ones that came with the game don't ... very strange.