How Do I Can't break off engagement!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Apr 29, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Can't break off engagement!

I had the girl flirt and kiss right in front of him. He slapped her and the guy, and started coming 2-3 times a night to kick over the trash can (joy, joy). Still it shows an engagement ring for both of them. I was able to stop the trash can bit by having her call and invite him over and the coward said his astrologer was against it lol. After that he seemed to cool it. They never contact each other now and their numbers are going down. Still they are engaged. I want them both to move on (they were engaged, but I realized they weren't really all that nuts about each other and not very compatible in the long run). I'm afraid if I have one of them pick another fight all that will happen is more trash can kicking. Anyone had this problem?

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

I think you actually have to break the engagement yourself by interacting with him. Or you could always kill them off as a last resort...

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Kill em off like Nyx said ! That will stop it quite nicely just make sure you destroy the urn or the tombstone too or move it to a cemetery so you don't gotta put up with any annoying ghosts!

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Nah, killing them is not an option. I created them myself and they are both 2nd generation. I know they're just a bunch of pixels in reality, but I'm too invested in their characters. Sometimes I'd LIKE to kill them when they don't do what I want. lol I'll just have to see what happens, or maybe I'll give in and let them stay engaged and marry. The trouble is you get a god-complex when you create Sims yourself and when they refuse to behave it can make you nuts...I need a life... Thanks for the advice though!