SimCity Societies Can't get passed the loading screen.

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Sarge51, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

Can't get passed the loading screen.

It loads fine, and the menus work smoothly, but when it gets to about 95% done with loading and says "Painting Terrain" it crashes. I tried changing textures down to Medium and no avail.

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

A brief rundown on what your computer specs are would be nice, such as your CPU, Graphics Card, Amount of RAM, etc.

I can only guess, but try updating the drivers to your graphics card. Also, make sure you have 512MB of Memory or more for this game to run.

3. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

She can handle pretty much anything, I don't see why it wouldn't handle the game:

Windows Vista Home Premium.
    300Gig Hard Drive
    Intel Duo Core 1.86GHz
    Maxed RAM at 3.25GB
    Nvidia GeForce8600 GT Video/Graphics Card

I just tried running off the tutorial and it loaded, and I heard fireworks, but then it crashed, same as before. A retry just made it crash at the loading screen like on the tutorial. I'm going to try a reinstall and the patches again.

4. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

A reinstall and patch didn't do anything. I've tried many different graphic options and it still isn't loading. Any ideas?

Edit: Just tried to run it in Compatibility for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Didn't work.

5. Judhudson

6. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

Yeah, I took your advice and tried updating most of my drivers, but didn't find any. I'm going to try to reinstall DirectX.

7. Judhudson

8. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

Oh thanks! Trying that.

Nothing different. Maybe I should just quit trying. :ermm:

9. Judhudson

Don't give up, you'll find an answer...

I cannot think of anything else at this moment to do. You can try heading over here: http://tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35 and tell your problem in the official TM forums. Perhaps one of their tech guys can get you rolling.

10. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

Thanks, I was thinking about heading there.

Still nothing. It looks like a Graphics error, though..

11. Sarge51

Sarge51 New Member

Hm, Maybe it was my old graphics card. I just went out and bought a slightly better one, Installed the drivers, opened up the game, worked fine. Except for a crash an hour into play. But the game was getting choppy by then, so I reduced the settings to medium and ran much smoother.

12. Judhudson

Glad you got it working :)