How Do I Can't Get the Summoner to Work

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Nov 5, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Can't Get the Summoner to Work

Is there a magic trick to it? I spawned it, set it on the lot, and . . . nothing. I couldn't click on it at all. Should I be able to? Do I need to do something else, first?

It would really help me with my story, so if anyone knows the secret, please, let me know.

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Is it the Summoner from the Insiminator? (The one that looks like an open cardboard box?) Have you tried other parts of the Insiminator? Do they work? What so you mean by "spawning?" Which version of the Insiminator do you have?

3. surprised_by_witches

Yes, it's on the insiminator. I have a fairly old version. I click on the chair and one option is Spawn ... and then I choose Summoner and get an empty cardboard box, with which I can do absolutely nothing.

Should I be able to click on it? Do I need a new version of the Insim?

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

If you've got an older version, it may not be working properly with the EPs you have...be sure you have the verstion that works with your latest EP, which I assume is Seasons...That's the only thing I can think of just now...

5. surprised_by_witches

OK, thanks. I will try that!

I just thought maybe I was doing it wrong.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Nope, all you do is click on it. . . a menu comes up that gives you families' last names. Click on the desired family name, and then choose the Sim. "Pop" that Sim shows up.

I also like Inge's teleporter painting. . . I can't remember if the latest version is on her site or Jordi has revamped it and has it somewhere. . . he jumps around and posts creations different places.

7. surprised_by_witches

It works now. I downloaded the new version. Now I have all these fun objects to try. :)

Very tempting to use the Summoner all the time, but I'm trying to confine it somewhat. I also like the relationship adjuster. Instant enemies (or friends), just add water.

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Ooh, yes, that thing is very, very addictive. I like the ability to spawn it even on community lots. It's very handy for Bon Voyage.

"What, you're tired and hungry? You want to go back to the hotel, heck with getting that last little vacation memory? I'll fix you. . . [Spawn. . . motive adjuster] There, now you feel like throwing an axe around? I thought so!"