Cars and Can I use them?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by TenderSoul83, Nov 18, 2002.

1. TenderSoul83

TenderSoul83 New Member

Cars and Can I use them?

I was wondering if it was possible to download useable cars that you can actually take us to and from work or in to Town?
    Or are they just for Show?:bunny:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

none that I know of.

3. Tweety

Tweety New Member

There are drivable cars at www.killersims.com , but from what I've heard, the sim just drives away in the car and returns a few hours later.

4. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Tweety are u sure? that sounds kinda cool!

5. Tweety

Tweety New Member

Yep, I'm sure. :) Here's the official story from the site:

Vrooom!
    Sims can finally drive their Cars!
    Downtown The hottest news this week comes from KILLERSIMS with the announcement of the new Vrooom! Edition cars with anti-blocking system. And this is great stuff for all Sims. The long awaited drivers licenses have been sent out by the Sim City council and Sims will now be able to drive their cars. 'We had to break with this law from the early seventies. It was more than overdue. Sims should be able to use their cars as in any other place of the world', says Margie Longdeer, assistant to the head of Sim City council. 'During the oil crisis we came up with the strict no-private-driving policy and only public and emergency vehicles were allowed on the streets of Sim City. Exceptions have been made for car pools and the Mayor. This whole law should have been changed years ago already.' Sim City Motor company announced to recall all cars that are equipped with the old blocking system to fit the new parts. Just contact our office in the KILLERSIMS Shopping Center cars showroom and arrange an appointment.' The Mayor who seemed to be more than overwhelmed by the change of the law commented that 'Sims still have to have a drivers license in order to use the streets of Sim City. There will be no exception and Sim City police has been staffed to enforce this. I don't want to see anybody crashing into my new limo.' The Sim City Automobile Club SCAC is trying to force the city administration to wrap the downtown trees with rubber bags and maybe install some tire barriers in very dangerous curves. 'At least we would like to warn all pedestrians to be very careful when crossing the streets now. There will be a lot of beginners on the streets. And a little advice to the car drivers: Toilet paper rolls on the hat rack was seventies fashion. And if you are very unsure about your driving ability please wear a hat.' Additional beds have been ordered by the downtown hospitals and supermarkets are already concerned about a decrease in their car shampoo and bucket sales. And how do Sims reacted to the news. Here are some impressions we got from our last Newsflash pre-announcement. 'Oh my gosh - I am just so happy! Now when my wife starts nagging me about the house I can just go take a trip until she cools off. Thanks so much Killersims!' A 18 year old teenager: 'I can't believe I passed my driver's test!!!! I can't wait to get behind the wheel of my very own Killersims Vehicle.'

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Aren't they going to be rolling in money from their subscriptions..... :rolleyes:

7. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

what will happen to worldsims???
    hmmmm...maybe i can takeover worldsims now
    rahahahaha!!!

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

cute... looks like someone put in the animations for going off to work, but attached it to their object cars? :p