Chat Room?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 18, 2002.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Maybe we could try having a chat that's only up and working when there are moderators to keep an eye on it? And have something showing up on the home page or user control panel thing when the chat is up.... does that make sense?

2. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

kinda!!!! i know where we can get a chatroom for here!!!!!!!

3. Rickk

Rickk Honorary Staff Member

Where, chatterbox?
    I'm looking for one too

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Rck. You've took with you your avatar. ;)

But I think we then must have moderators around the clock. It wouldn't be good that some can't get there because it's "sleepinghours". :) That wouldn't be fair.

5. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Well.then they can hire mods from all over the world...like one from Sweden?

6. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

we know you've nominated nina lew...i understand Fae, it all depends on when Mod's, SuperMods, or Admins would be on i suppose...it might work...*goes deep into thought on this*

yes chatterbox, where...although something was already mentioned...

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*gives Tim a thinking carrot*

8. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

thinking carrot...?

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol.. If there can be dancing carrots.. why not a thinking one? ;)

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I just wondered.

How did this turn out in the end??? Will we have a chatroom or not? Maybe it's time to wake this issue up again as we have several new members posting and active here.
    I would like it. :classic:

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well apparantly we do have the ability to have a chat, it exists, just we're not scheduling any chat events HERE... I think it would be really cool if we set a day and made our own chat event here though, like Maxis does, only HERE, and just to hang out, have fun, and chat for a few hours! :)

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Then again, I just realized, I don't know what that would do to the traffic and bandwidth here.... so I don't know if it's practical or doable because of that.

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes and what time??? We are spread all over the world. :classic:
    And that's part of the greatness of this forum. I think so anyway. Let me see here. This is the aprrox. times right now. (+ 5 min. to make this post:(
    * When my time in central europe is 4.15 pm. And it is Saturday. I'm on GMT+1.
    * Now, Brazil is 1.15 pm. (because of daylightsaving time they are that close).
    * US westcoast is 7.15 am.
    * But parts of Asia 11.15 pm
    * West Australia is already at 1,15 Sunday morning.
    * New Zealand has already Sunday morning 4.15 am.

We have active members in all these areas I believe. So what time shall we have?? This is a main issue I think. ;)

14. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

just so you know, this west coast member sugests we hold chat events during the afternoon (my time) and on weekends when more people would have the oportuniuty to chat

15. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Well as far as I can see. Someone has to loose some sleep.
    But it wouldn't be that bad anyway. 3 pm west coast means roughly midnight for me, 7 am for asia and midday for Sam.... We do have both Lew and Tess that belongs to the asian time....

16. lewdini

Chat events!! Great idea!!!
    We can help a cuppa tea while we are at it!
    I support the motion to have a chatroom

17. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Update on chat:

I'm running into problems with the server (the one the forums are hosted on) because of configuration issues.

Hopefully I get it resolved.

18. Bryan

Bryan Member

chatting ehh..

19. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I know you will solve it in the end Josh. Take your time. :classic:

*gives Josh a big hug*

20. lewdini

I dont mind u guys having chat events on your times...just dont forget to post the transcript..:)