Chat Room?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Look above Lew and you get the timetable around the world. And by Asia i mean your's and Tess' timezone. if an event will be held.

We also have people in UK here and they are on GMT-time wich is 2 hour behind me. So what's the best time?

I do believe we are going to have it on weekends at least. Then it's just to remember that when it's saturday 3 pm PST it's already sunday 7am in Asia and sunday noon in New Zealand. ;)

I have found this link very helpful to find out when to expect someone to be awake etc around the world:

www.timeanddate.com

You can have up to 16 cities around the world and there time and date, including weekday going and saved. And it's very simple to understand, when even I could understand it :classic: :p

2. xanthist

xanthist New Member

I know Im the new kid on the block and all but I have a suggestion for Josh.

You could set up a chat room in msn as a test to see how popular it would be, kind of like a test run before you commit more bandwidth from here to it.

Its free and all you have to do is post the link on a sticky on the main forum page or something.

BTW Im in Australia (Victoria near Melbourne, were 4 hours ahead of Western Australia here)

Waves to everyone from downunder!

3. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Xanthist: I understand that you have a cricket team?

4. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

sorry i can't really help you Josh...what was that one (sorta pathetic) chat you had before? remember from the good ol' days? ;)

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

That's maybe not enough for today to stay up if there's many people in??? Or????

*doesn't really know anything, but can guess*

6. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

I would like a chat here, there are quite a few people here that I already know from simchat. As for me, the time doesn't really matter much because I'm a stay at home mom who can't work and is a night owl. :classic:

7. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I am still waiting

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

What exactly is it you're waiting for Lew? :)

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lew's waiting for the chatroom to open up and has several questions about it around. :p
    But I know Josh have trouble solving some scripts. I've seen him and Tim wrapping their brains around it and it seems really hard to comprehend and handle. Until that's solved the chatroom wont be opened up at all. And there's NO telling about how long time it will take. After all. Josh has a workoverload that's awesome. And as the rest of us - he has a real life to handle too with all work he has there. He's already put his heart and soul in here.
    You're awesome Josh. Please take care of yourself too and see that you get enough sleep and food as well. I really don't want you to collapse or get sick. :ermm:
    But of course. Anyone that really knows those script thingies - why not help Josh out? :classic:

*Gives Josh a big big hug*

10. lewdini

:D Nina reads me like a book

11. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Xanthist: I think it would be a good idea if we can take the very best of the English cricketers and play a game with the very best of the Australian cricketers?

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I wish I knew more about scripts and stuff to help with the chat.... sigh. :p I only know how to change javascripts to have my info in them, and how to write simple scripts for mIRC, I made a little bot there once... sigh.

13. lewdini

I dont even know how to do that!

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess we can only be helpful by waiting patiently then... ;) ;)

15. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Right on Fae. Let Josh work in peace and find the solutions he needs in his own pace.

16. lewdini

I wish Josh the very best!

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*Agrees with Lew*

Psst Lew... It's almost finished.. shhhh ;)

18. Bryan

Bryan Member

I've testing it...its fast and cool
    :)

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh, so it's in the testing stage? That's good to know! :D

20. lewdini