News Clogged streets: SimCity launch plagued by server problems

Discussion in 'SimCity (2013)' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Promises promises promises !
    I've heard cows fart in the pasture before and it didn't sound any different than a lot of EA's promises!

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Still don't understand why this has to be online... while playing my CPU barely hit 50% usage. Couldn't do anything with the region though as the servers are up and down.
    Guess I'll log back on and see how much of my city didn't save to the 'cloud'. Don't know why it can't save locally and then sync like Steam does...

ManagerJosh likes this.
  4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I don't like the idea that it has to be online at all!

ManagerJosh likes this.
  5. ManagerJosh

Let's just face it. This is a miserable failure on EA's part. They screwed this up completely. And they still have not fixed this ridiculous blunder of theirs.

6. Flameback777

Has been more stable tonight... it disconnects but then seems to reconnect fine, but I want my cheetah speed back!
    Just hit 300k pop in one of my cities. So much traffic its insane. Wind changed and now my industrial smoke is in the residential high rises... and now they're all sick.

The traffic really is the main issue, and the AI. Fires around the city and all 10 of the truck are at the one building...
    Also fairly certain some of the cars go through an entire ingame day without reaching there destination. This blocks up emergency services as they seem to wait in line rather than going around/ploughing through.

7. swmeek

Gee whiz I feel so bad for you guys! snicker snicker:p

8. ManagerJosh

liar :p

9. swmeek

It's only a teensy weensy teeny tiny white lie buddy! :evil:
    You believe me don't ya ?

10. Flameback777

It really is a shame the launch was so bad, it really is a fun game apart from and few bugs, and the traffic!

ManagerJosh likes this.
  11. swmeek

Isn't that a "usual happening" whenever EA does comes out with a good thing?

12. ManagerJosh

When Maxis has final and ultimate say, they do good things. Where items Maxis must collaborate with EA on (ie. Servers), EA screws up royally.

swmeek likes this.
  13. swmeek

very true

14. Flameback777

While EA really do seem to have badly predicted the demand and load on the servers, it also seems that the servers have never been designed to be scaled up to begin with.
    I do not understand why I can't play my cities on different servers.

15. ManagerJosh

Probably was labeled as too intensive of a process to upload and process the data file.