coffee house :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sugar_junkie, Oct 25, 2002.

1. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I play games. That is all I do and and I am just about completely useless at them - but never mind.
    I keep wondering whether I should use my Futon or not. It is downstairs waiting to be sold but I don't think it will be.
    We have to move the television shortly because we are having a new door fitted to the rear of the house. We would have a conservatory (a conservative?) but no-one wants the house when we decide to go so there is no point in the extra expense.

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess if you like your futon you should go ahead and use it... we still need to sell off my old car we finally decided to stop repairing, so far the only money we've gained is the money we've saved by taking it off the insurance! :p

By conservatory do you mean a nice room filled with plants, like an indoor garden? Or am I confused and thinking of something else... Anyway I'm all FOR indoor gardens! :D If I had an extra room with enough windows I'd just make some shelves with boards and those concrete blocks, and set up plants on them for my garden! :) Whatever you do, I think what counts is you enjoy it. :D

3. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

In this country a conservatory means an addition to the back of a house consisting, generally, of a solid floor and the sides are usually all windows. The roof is also glass, as a rule. In most conservatories there are no plants, other than the usual house plants. A conservative, on the other hand, is a politician - quite a different animal.
    I thought a conservatory was a place where they taught people how to play the piano. Very few people have swimming pools here - it is generally too cold for them, and they could be used only on a few days a year.

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

My grandmother has what she calls a "Sun Room" in the back of her house in Florida, it sounds like what you describe, lots of big windows all around for the upper half of the wall! But the roof is a regular roof and ceiling, not all glass.

I've often heard of the Conservatory as a reference as a place to practice or play music. :D

5. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

My grandson looks as though he is going to be a musician. He plays with the local youth orchestra and is going to Vienna and the Festival Hall (UK) this year. He plays saxophone, but he never mentions the clarinet which he also has. It costs my daugther 75 a month for his music.

6. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

whats a futon?

7. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

A futon consists of two things. A purely wooden framework which folds into a settee (easy chair) or folds flat so that you can use it as a bed. The mattress does both things. It folds flat when it is a bed but then folds up into three when the wooden frame is used as a chair. It comes in single and double sizes.
    It is a fairly simple object.

8. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

oh that....an uncomfortable torture device...

9. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

LOL Hataz...we have one and I would agree with you there!! It is truly a hard and uncomfortable couch and an even more uncomfortable bed... Oh well, it is only in the rumpus room for the rugrats to use so while they suffer....I will budget for something more comfortable!! :)

10. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Yeah, futons are really uncomfortable. I've slept on a bunch of rocks that were more comfortable than one of those. :O

11. Colonel Froggie

Colonel Froggie Lord of the Frogs

I had a comfortable futon once.....it's a bunk-bed type thingie....
    you see, the bottom is a futon, and the top is jsut a normal bed. And they make 'em in chrome! :p

12. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

My futon was very very uncomfortable. Like others, I found it to be as hard as a rock and we threw the old mattress away a few weeks ago.

13. Colonel Froggie

I can sleep on just about anything, if it's flat.

14. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

lol Froggie...but I would expect that a frog would be comfortable on any old pad!!

Somewhere, some guy that invented the futon is being congratulated by Satan on a job well done!!! May he toast in eternity!!!!!

15. Colonel Froggie

Yep. :p

Can't think of much else to say.

16. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

i havent slept in a long time...

17. Colonel Froggie

Maybe you should. :p

18. AB_Cowgirl

AB_Cowgirl New Member

sleep-- what's that?????

19. Billie

Billie New Member

Something many of us rarely get enough of.

20. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Yup..sleep is actually very important