coffee house :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sugar_junkie, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

First I want to see "Return of the king" of course. As a Tolkien fan I can't resist it.. I'm rereading the trilogy for .... maybe the 25th time or so. :p Haven't been able to see it yet - but I SO want to!!!! Even if they cut out some parts and redid others, they've manage to hold it all so far "on track". I'm impressed by the way they've done the characters. I really am.

*Sits down and gets herself a "wienermelange"* Yum!!!

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

All three Lord of the Rings movies have been really great for the look and FEEL of the books I think, even though they had to rework a few details for the sake of making it work in movie format. My hubby is all twitching in anticipation of the release of the movies as a complete set... we've avoided buying any versions of each movie alone because he wants the trilogy all at once... but it's meant waiting and waiting... and waiting! Poor guy! :p

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I agree about that Fae. I wait for them all - extended :)p) - to come out as well... :D

4. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

*whispers to no one in particular* "Gossip Corner..."

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

uh oh, you know how gossip goes! Out one mouth and through another.... wait... that sounds bad! :p

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yeah. Most gossip are mean and it's only purpose is to discredit someone. Not fun at all.

But! Good news!!! That's great to hear. :D

7. ChattyMolly

ChattyMolly New Member

How do you get the 4 leaf clover on the sims???

UGH!!! Coffee, tea is better!!!

Thanks xxx

P.s Orlando Bloom is BUFF!!!!!!! 4eva

8. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Sorry Molly...I don't know that answer to the 4 leaf clover...but agree that Mr. Bloom makes a very cute elf....

I just want to congratulate Nina and Fae on their good taste as I admit that I too am a real Tolkien fan and have read the books several times and even have bought each of my kids their own personal sets. I think Peter Jackson and his crew have done an excellent job of putting the books on screen and stayed true to the heart of the books in my opinion. I have bought the first 2 DVDs (extended versions of course) and am anxiously awaiting the 3 one to come out. I have enjoyed all of the movies very much...

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Ahhh.. you've got the DVD's!!! I can't afford them just yet - but.... also I still haven't been able to see the last movie. :cry: I just have to see it!!!!

*Stomps her foot* :p

Right now I'm rereading Silmarillion. It's great! It gives the background to so many hints from The trilogy. I also love "The lost tales of Middle-Earth". Not to mention that sweet book "The Hobbit". :)

10. "Barter" with Mara the Faerie. In other words, give her some honey and she'll give you the 4 leaf clover.

11. Oops! I'm sorry! I did the wrong thing!

12. here we go...
    ChattyMolly..its really easy. You get yourself some honey, go see Mara the Faerie, and press "Barter". She will swap your honey for a four leaf clover.

13. and yes, orlando bloom is VERY buff,

And the extended editions rock

And i love lord of the rings :D

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes. They did a very good job with those movies. :) Even if some parts are taken out - like Tom Bombadill... And they changed things pretty much in "Two Towers" - but went right back on track. Neat! :)

15. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

It's no wonder that they say that the Lord of the Rings trilogy is the most read story of the century. Tolkien was an inspired writer and everytime I reread the books I pick up on something I missed before...eg. when I reread them this last time the conversation between Frodo and Faramir is amazing as you see how Faramir plays "good cop/bad cop" with Frodo and while Frodo doesn't fall for the "friendship" scam, Sam does. It works out in the end but you can see why Frodo was so cautious at revealing information to Faramir as he is a clever interrogator.
    I can hardly wait for the 3rd extended DVD to come out as I only got to see the movie in the theatre once before it left town and would like to see it again when I'm not so tired (was really hosed the last viewing...ack! :( )

16. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

ladyanarchthreeaysee, in the future use the edit ([​IMG]) button.

Yeah, I can't wait until the third LOTR gets on DVD... then I can watch X-number hours of commentaries and the full, uncut, version of the movie... back-to-back! :O

*shock*

17. *winces* sorry!!

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I agree Book. Hehehe... I just remembered something from when I was a kid. Bookworm was my nickname - because I AlWAYS had a book in my hands. :p Guess that's where you got your "name" from - or similar. :D

19. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

*grabs a coffee and flops down in a comfy chair* LOTR Rocks! Every installment was as good as the last and all of them were Excellent!