coffee house :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sugar_junkie, Oct 25, 2002.

1. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Yes, I am really pleased with how the LOTR movies turned out... and they couldnt have picked better actors to live up to such a great story!

2. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

Absolutely! I just love the guy who played Aragorn in it. *swoon* oh, and the other actors were good too. ;)

3. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

LOL Jane, I agree with you 100%!

4. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Yeppir Helen...I got it from my hubby...he says that I make up for him hardly ever reading...I read all his books for him!! :)

I just loved LOTR even before the movies came out...I've even bought all 3 "Visual Companion" books for the movies plus the book on how the Special Effects were all done...Talk about a die-hard fanatic...lol :) Plus, Legolas and Aragorn and some others are pretty easy on the eyes.... :O

5. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

*sigh* Yes... yes they are VERY easy on the eyes hehe. And YES I would say you are a die-hard fan of LOTR lol but thats okay because im that way with Braveheart... my all time favorite movie!

6. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

ooohhh....Braveheart! Nice pick! Got to say though...I really enjoyed Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo in it. Thought that was a FANTASTIC rendition of a classic. Though LOTR trilogy would be my absolute all-time favourite for sure now....Not quite such a fanatic as Book though ;)

7. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Oh I absolutly LOVED Romeo and Juliet with Claire and Leonardo in it!!! And Titanic :D

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Braveheart - yeah. Great movie, even if one has to take the "historical facts" as probably mixed and not really true. Mel Gibson does have something - doesn't he? For some reason he really appeals to me - and so does Sean Connery and Harrison Ford. Dunno why really.....

And Aragorn - the best looking dane I've ever seen. And I lived in Copenhagen for almost 2 years in the 80's. ;)

9. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

OH Spot on Helen! Mel, a fellow aussie and a spunk! and Sean, the best Bond ever! and no matter how old they get they are still spunky boys!

10. Bookworm42

Hmmm, yes there are some attractive males out there but I've got to be careful or my drool will short out my keyboard... :p

It must be something to do with the LOTR movies though because I just saw Viggo Mortensen and Orlando Bloom in some interviews and they just don't look as hunky without their Aragorn/Legolas makeup....sigh....whereas, I find Mel Gibson as cute in interviews as in his movies (2 thumbs up for Braveheart!! Who said men's legs couldn't be sexy?! Mel in a kilt...hmmm...)...excuse me while I dream.....

11. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Excuse me while I drool!! Mel is just awsome all around and oh so hunky (my husband get jelious when we watch a movie with Mel in it b/c I like him so much lol) and Sean... you gotta love that voice! To bad their arent to many like them comming up in Hollywood lately. And I agree with you Book, Viggo and Orlando arent as hunky without their Aragorn/Legolas look but still got something going for them ;)

12. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

*sigh* too true. I'll only ever remember them as those characters. I try to avoid watching them in interviews and such because it was them acting their parts in the tale I really want to remember. And even though Aragorn was so dirty and dishevelled most of the time, it was just how the character was portrayed. The honour and fairness and passion of them to overcome *gets a towel to catch the drool* was most of what made them so spunky.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Aaaah, it's good to be back in the coffeehouse again! :p Good thing I brought some towels to soak up all this drool! :eek: heehee!

Let's see, I've gone off and dropped off the face of the web for a while, I was sucked into my console games and books I've been reading to distract myself while waiting for Sims 2! And I've just recently discovered FLAVORED COFFEES!! :D What's new with everyone else?

14. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Yes there are some hunky young men out there....:p

If you liked the flavored coffees you might like the instant chai teas...:rolleyes:

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

They come in instant? I didn't know that!:eek: I've only tried a chai tea at a restaraunt once, and I liked it, but wasn't sure about making it at home. Probably not something I can have right now on my diet, but I'll go looking for them for later! :)

16. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

coffee and tea

:p There is sugar in it just like in some of those instant flavored coffees. But if you can get to a Sam's Club or a Costco you can get the Chai base in a package like you get soymilk and then add sweetner of choice... I don't know for sure. But it makes a nice change.

I have the same trouble with seeing what I'm typing too. So I highlight the type color and choose before I start. And to see whats already typed I have to highlight the paragraph and then read it in blue.... lol

17. Bookworm42

Thanks for the towels, Fae but I thought that Bibs would be a better idea as it'll leave our hands free for our coffee and donuts!!

*hands out over-sized bibs to all my fellow-droolers*

I'm just sitting here waiting patiently (not!) for the 3rd DVD of LOTR..."Oh, Aragorn, Aragorn, wherefore art thou oh Aragorn.." (my sincerest apologies to the Bard for appropriating his words)...

As for Chai Tea...sorry, gals, I never heard of it...must be living in the boondocks or something....I do have some flavored coffee though... :rolleyes:

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for the bib! :D *tucks hers in carefully and starts in on the coffee and doughnuts* Yum!

My hubby has waited patently for the whole SET of the Lord of the Rings movies to be out, he didn't want to buy them one at a time but all the WAITING was HARD for him, haha! :)

Chai tea seems to be one of the big trends right now, so it'll probably have to get bigger and trendier to infiltrate places not so big and trendy in the first place, if that makes sense. I hadn't heard of it till recently but I've discovered my friends in larger cities have known about it as being popular for a while now. :p

19. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I am waiting for the Return of the King EE DVD, it seems I may have to wait till August.
    The theatrical version might be released in May

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'll have to check now to see if my hubby wanted the theatrical release or extended versions of the trilogy... I'd guess extended... :)