Comedy Central Again Steals 'South Park' Thunder

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SolidSnake_19, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Comedy Central Again Steals 'South Park' Thunder

Article Found here.

I thought this was an interesting read for any fellow South Park fans that may not be in-the-know about what's going on with some of the episodes.

Personally I feel that they shouldn't be censoring these two episodes. With the first one I think that if they can make fun of, and show, Jesus, Budda, and the other religious figures on television they can make fun of, and show, Muhammad.

As for the whole Scientology episode. I managed to see it before they pulled it and I thought it was actually quite humorous and pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's unfortunate that they also took this episode away but at the same time this pull has some logic behind it as Cruise is a big enough baby to be insulted and hurt by Trey and Matt doing what they do to ever big celebrity (make fun of them) and threated to stop doing publicity runs for MI:III.

Any other fans annoyed with this?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I actually found it very funny when the Comedy Central censor panel appeared when they tried to show Mohammed. I laughed out loud.

I enjoy irony.

Yes, I think censorship stinks and I applaud Matt and Trey for fighting it. They're very clever writers and I think the censored version actually added to the humor, and the point.

As for the Scientology episode, it's too bad Chef quit over that. I'm thinking he might have been pressured. I think a secret cult of people with no sense of humor is to be avoided at all costs.

Yeesh.

As for not airing it, how dare they. I mean, they crucified Mel Gibson, among many others. What makes Scientologists special?

Actually, I know the answer to that: They run Hollywood. They've got big bucks behind them and money talks, baby.

I don't think they're a religion at all, frankly. I think it's a front for someone who's raking in the dough. Remember when Lisa Presley wanted to give all her money to scientology? I think it was one of the major arguments she had with her then-husband, you know, the normal one she dumped for the pedophilic freakshow.

And no, I won't be nice. That man gives me the heebie-jeebies. He's a troubled criminal with enough money to keep him out of jail, and that's all he is.

OK, I've rambled enough. :eek:

3. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Comedy Central execs regularly ingest a drug that lets them conveniently forget things. Things like the episode with the League of Friends. The episode that had an avatar of Muhhammed in it.

Good job, Comedy Central.

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Glad to see that I'm not the only person to think this is lame.

Comedy Central (temp?) banning / censoring these episodes won't effect the DVD release at all will it?

5. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

Dude... I thought that was part of the joke....

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

So did I until I read the article. Comedy Central really did censor South Park.

But as I mentioned above, I think this actually helped get the point across.

As you said, it seemed like part of the joke.