Community Analysis - Modular Buildings?

Discussion in 'SimCity (2013)' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Police Station.jpg
    ConstructibleWorlds.png

Reviewing the concept art, what do you think of these modular buildings? It seems to be alluding to a lot of aspects of SimCity, including that building textures could be customized, and that buildings can be expanded.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

That looks cool!

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The ability to be able to add buildings or modules to lots would be cool, hopefully also doing something like expanding capacity or improving efficiency. Wonder how it will work. Will we zone an area as civil or choose the lot size when first plopping it?

I doubt I'll change textures though unless there's a paintbrush or something that makes it quick, I don't want to go around and select each module or even lot.

4. ManagerJosh

Like a Sims 3 styled paintbrush? :D

5. Flameback777

Er...perhaps. I don't have TS3. :p

6. ManagerJosh

*GASP*! Folks, time to tar and feather Flamey for such blasphemy :p :p

7. Flameback777

Yes. Even the Steam sale this week for TS3 wasn't enough to tempt me. :)

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I quit playing TS3 about a year ago. Too many bugs, which got worse for World Adventures with every patch they put out! (and I wasn't interested in the content of their EPs.)

9. swmeek

I tried installing Ambitions and Pets here awhile back and never could get the game to work so I just uninstalled the whole lot.

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Isn't this just sad from a bunch of former Sims addicts.

11. ManagerJosh

Indeed. But only EA is to blame here. Ship us poorly written/coded software and we can't play, we'll simply stop playing

12. swmeek

Luckily I have other games to play to take it's place!

ManagerJosh likes this.
  13. NewSim4TheCity

NewSim4TheCity New Member

Once many moons ago, while playing TS2 I took so long to pick a name for the new baby that the game got fed up and picked for me.... Sim Child Summers.... :eek:
    LOL On the topic of the buildings above, yes looks very cool that you can add to the schools etc, that's a great idea. I think the school will come with a set plot size and you can add to it... Would be interesting though if you could sell back the unused space....?

14. ManagerJosh

I wouldn't mind seeing a footprint of how big a building got in SimCity. My biggest gripe in Cities XL was you never knew how big an area got until your city got bigger, but when you tried to expand, you had to destroy things to become "bigger", often at the risk of bankrupting your city.

15. NewSim4TheCity

Yeah would be good to see a full footprint alright. Roll on more images :)

Have never played Cities XL, it never appealed to me I have to admit, nor did SC societys. I stopped at SC4 and the add on lol

16. ManagerJosh

The good thing about SimCity Socities was at least you could get the right city you want. The bad thing was it lacked a lot of long term gameplay

17. Flameback777

It would be good when placing a civil lot or road to actually allocate the maximum space required when it's first placed so it can later be expanded.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  18. NewSim4TheCity

Yeah like the sound of that, used to hate the avenues destroying half my tall buildings...

19. NewSim4TheCity

Sounds like I made the right decision then. lol

20. ManagerJosh

During the Beta of Cities XL, I kept going bankrupt because I could not expand the roads fast enough in the long term to handle growth. It made life very very difficult.