Troubleshooting 'Conflict with Emulation Software detected.'

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Heather2211, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Heather2211

Heather2211 New Member

'Conflict with Emulation Software detected.'

I've had 'The Sims 2 Double Deluxe' (Sims 2 + Nightlife Expansion) downloaded on my Laptop for a couple of months and this has ran sucessfully without any problems.

My friend gave me three 'Stuff' packs to install along with my Sims 2 game around this time and I've only just got round to installing them all.

I downloaded the following 'Stuff' packs:
    - The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
    - The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff
    - The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff

I tried playing the Sims 2 Double deluxe with these packs installed, and I also tried playing the Stuff games with the correct discs but I keep coming up with error messages such as:

'Wrong disc inserted. Please insert (Disc name) CD/DVD instead.'
    'You are running the wrong version of The Sims 2. Please run the Sims 2 (Disc name) instead.'

What do these error messages mean and what can I do to resolve this problem?

Please get back to me if you can, thanks.
    Heather:confused:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

'Wrong disc inserted. Please insert (Disc name) CD/DVD instead.'
    'You are running the wrong version of The Sims 2. Please run the Sims 2 (Disc name) instead.'
    The game must be started with the most recent or most recently installed game.

Daemon tools or some CD burning software that mounts disk images is installed on your computer.