Troubleshooting Control panel disappeared+ Freezing

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by feltongirl, Dec 9, 2010.

1. feltongirl

feltongirl New Member

My sim's face suddenly stopped showing when it came to commands.
    At first I thought restarting the game would solve the problem, but it turned out to be worse.
    It seemed like my save was spoilt or something.
    The family picture wouldn't show on the main menu.
    I could still load the save but when the loading was finished, everything's frozen and worst of all there wasn't even a control panel!
    I tried restarting a few more times and it's still the same.
    I wonder if anything can be done? I've been spending a lot of time on this game recently and was just about to make a baby for the family :(

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Did you restart your game using one of the backup files?

3. feltongirl

feltongirl New Member

No, I just restarted it like I normally would :S
    I didn't change any settings/backup files

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Try starting the game using a backup. Your regular game sounds borked, so it would do the same bad thing each time you tried to do it the usual way.

It's a file like "Sunset Valley.sims3.backup" Just remove the .backup part, then restart your game. You might also want to delete all the files with the ending .cache. Those often become corrupted and can contribute to causing you problems. You'll lose the time from that backup until you got the corrupted save, but at least you'll still have your family.