Troubleshooting Copying files not working

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Jul 14, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Copying files not working

I keep trying to copy my Sims game to a remote device (my CD's aren't big enough). I'm doing this for safety sake as well as I do it when I'm adding an expansion pack. Myt current game Consists of Sims 2 Holiday Edition, Sims 2 Seasons, Sims 2 Freetime and Sims 2 Mansions and Gardens). Trouble is when I look inside the one I've copied it is an almost empty shell. Inside is EA Games and inside that are the game and expansion packs, but within those are almost nothing. It's like it's leaving the guts out of the game, including movies and definitely I can't see where my Sims are. If something should happen to my game, as far as I can tell these copies would be useless. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Make sure you are copying the EA Games folder from "My Documents" not the one in "Program Files".

All sims/neighbourhoods are stored here, and movies I think.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, thanks. I think I've got that straight. Trouble is there is not enough room on the DVD to store them it says I need 187 more mb. I just went yesterday and asked at Best Buy for the CD/DVD that would give me lots of room (4.7 GB). So....can anyone tell me what DVD size I need to actually be able to copy My Sims to? :( Was really hoping to get finally get this done right.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

You could use multiple DVDs/CDs and put some folders on each.

Or perhaps buy an external hard drive to backup to.