Countdown To The Release Of The Sims 2!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by wize_guy123, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Down to two weeks, wohoo!:)

2. Supernova

Supernova New Member

13 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes

3. astaregod

astaregod New Member

12 days and 11 hours!

4. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

12 days, 9 hrs, 42 minutes...

Not for me... I get mine on September 15th woohoo :p

5. astaregod

astaregod New Member

hey wize guy I was gonna buy the sims 2 dvd edition at amazon.com and when I saw "estimated shipping date" it said October 4 - October 11 2004... I was thinking that was a long way away from the shipping date that was on the main info page which said September 14, 2004. Got any ideas?

Oh yeah I made a program that counts down to the release date. If you want me to put it up here for download let me know.

6. wize_guy123

Well in order to get the earliest date... you must have a store close to you.. such as EB Games, Gamespot, or another electronics store... call them up as them when they are to recieve TS2 and then ask them if it will be for sale that day... :p

7. astaregod

astaregod New Member

ah, well guessing amazon.com doesn't have stores, it only ships via UPS I'm not sure why the shipping date is as late as it is.. but there is a gamestop closeby so I can go by after school one day and find out if I can pre-order from there and get it at the earliest possible date

thanks for the info

P.S. 12 days and 8 hours left! (from central standard time)

8. wize_guy123

would you mind... helping me out... well my reputation is bad... don't know why... must of said something that offended someone... would you mind adding ot my rep... because I helped ya...
    LoL
    Srry..

12 days, 5 hrs, 5 minutes

9. Supernova

Supernova New Member

12 days, 5 hours, 27 minutes

10. Kory

Kory New Member

SFBay area folks: the guy I talked to at Fry's today about if he'd heard any change to the dates said he thinks they may get it the 14th, so it's worth calling your local Fry's early to see if they have it.

That's still too long, though!

11. astaregod

astaregod New Member

OK wize_guy I approved your comment :) maybe it'll get better soon :p

I'm mad... I don't know if amazon has so many orders that they got back-ordered and can't send it out till october or if their date system is as messed up as everyone else's is.... I'm gonna go around to circuit city and wal-mart (even though they won't get the dvd edition) and ask when the earliest I can pick up a copy... but I don't really know any other online stores other than amazon that carries the dvd edition and ships out on sept. 14th. someone help me out!

oh by the way 11 days, 21 hours, 34 minutes from central standard time. and if you want my little countdown program let me know!

12. Supernova

Supernova New Member

11 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes

13. astaregod

astaregod New Member

11 days, 11 hours

14. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I dunno I preordered dvd edition from ebgames and it says it ships the 14th. And I'm just havin' them ship it to me since I'm too lazy to get into the store.

15. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

Srry guys.::)( ::)(

It's suppose to work at EST time since I'm in that time zone.

I'll try to fix it........

16. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

Sorry I forgot to ask Supernova something, are you in the EST time zone?

17. Supernova

Supernova New Member

erm... Whats EST? Well, your countdown timer is exactly the same as my clock so does that mean anything? And my time is set to GMT -6 and its right.

18. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

who wouldve thought a problem like this would occur lol

19. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I wouldnt call it a real problem... Just a minor inconvenience.

20. astaregod

astaregod New Member

hmm... i thought GMT -6 is central standard time... at least that's what windows time settings say. EST should be GMT -5 (for US and Canada).

anyway, from this info, the time between now and Sept. 17 at midnight should be about 11 days and 0 hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.