Country Club Asylum

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, May 27, 2007.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Country Club Asylum

The recent discussions of the asylum challenge gave me the idea of trying another version. This time I used the one cheat I allow myself (family funds) to make a rich set of three siblings: Neva, Forevah and Wyant Decadent. I moved them into a custom-built house with all the luxuries, decorated in a typical post-Britney-Spears-nouveau-riche-tacky style, including a pond and fruit trees. Maybe I should add a large ninja statue and a roller rink...just for the tackiness... I got them each a job in different career tracks. Now I'm going to keep my hands off and see how they do. I suspect they won't buy groceries or order pizzas and I may have to make them do that, but otherwise, they're on their own. We'll see what happens.

2. Vega

Vega New Member

really cool idea :D it must be very funny!

3. Jiko

Oh, it's not pretty so far. I threw the dice and ended up with a knowledge sim, a fortune sim and a pleasure sim. I hate pleasure sims! Especially when you want them to behave. He won't go to work and complains all the time about socializing. (Right now it's 3 a.m., he is supposed to work as a record store clerk in the morning, and he won't get off the chat rooms.) But left to their own devices, with all the comforts of modern life, they won't go to the bathroom or cook or take showers or even sleep, until they're way in the red!

It's almost like they're REAL PEOPLE!

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

What if you put alarm clocks in each bedroom to wake them up for going to work. Or is it just the pleasure sim that won't go to work?

I have wondered what a houseful of sims would do if entirely on their own. I've assumed they'd either starve to death or burn to death. :rolleyes: But it's so hard for me not to meddle. I'd be the one who went nuts first.

Maybe, if they're super rich, they could line their basement with a few dozen refrigerators, and have to walk up two flights of stairs to the kitchen counter to prepare the food. ;) If I put two tables on a lot, my idiot sims always head for the one that is the longest walk away.

5. Jiko

Lynet, I actually did design a house full of winding hallways and double-back twists and turns, and everything is far from everything else. They still lay around on the couch and nap, or stand in the hallway complaining about a full bladder, or stand outside in the rain, begging for food. Eventually, eventually they deal with their urgent needs. But today my knowledge sim didn't go to work - the option 'go to work' didn't come up, even though the car was outside honking away. I'm not sure what that was about - she was up, just ignoring her ride.

It is really hard to avoid interfering! They are actually gaining skill points by playing chess, looking through the telescope, watching television, playing the piano, etc. (Not sure if there's any 'painless' way for them to get charisma, though.) Two of the three have gotten promotions already! But it's so weird that they don't deal with their bladder or hygiene in a timely fashion. And how they will make friends is a mystery. We'll see.

Also, two of them now have negative social scores with each other - they ***** and fight whenever they talk! They're brother and sister but the brother keeps trying to flirt and hug!

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I've had depressed sims refuse to go to work. :eek:

If cheating were allowed, and they had that golf/putting reward, I wonder if they'd use it without being told to use it. Probably not. Even if they have fun with it, no sim of mine has ever used one of those spontaneously.

LOL, I'm picturing a seriously smelly sim getting promotions -- probably coworkers trying to get rid of him.

Ugh. :yuck: Definitely a certifiable sim. Is that Wyant?

This challenge sounds more interesting than the other, just because I've always wondered what a group of sims would do if left entirely on their own (besides starving to death.) I think I'd like to try it with more sims -- not siblings -- and with everything money can buy, including a dozen refrigerators and a sprinkler system and all the rewards made available, too.

I wonder if any would make it to elder?

Will sims have babies without being told to woohoo for baby? That would be a surprise.

7. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I try this... I set it on medium/high speed, I go watch some telly, look over my shoulder every, say, 5 minutes, and usually something will have stopped the time, like one of those questions that will pop up in your job every once and awhile, or the delinquent notice dealeo for not paying your bills.

I think i'll try a celebrity asylum challenge! With like, Ben Affleck, Bob Barker, Kobe Bryant, and Adam Sandler. That would be pandimoniumonic. Is that a word?

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I set up a household tonight in a big house that was already built in Pleasantview. I decided to create 6 adults using the random function in CAS. I shook a dice for the aspirations. Now I have two women and four men. They're not related to each other.

I didn't make notes and it's after midnight and I'm half asleep :eek: and I can only remember the names of four of them: Anshee, Sohee, Poor Lil and Johnny Justaintright. Someone else around here came up with the 'Justaintright' surname. I've always thought it was a lovely name and I apologize for not remembering who mentioned it.

I honestly thought the women were going to starve to death on the first day, in spite of four refrigerators in a big kitchen. Anshee tried and failed 3 times to cook her mac and cheese because other people kept getting to the stove ahead of her. So I put in a second stove and pointed her to it. Man, it's really tough to leave them alone. I decided the first day didn't count anyway, because I had to get them jobs, too.

To my surprise, every one of them got up and went to work the next day even though they still needed a little more sleep and were hungry.

I was also surprised when one of the men and one of the women shared a double bed on the first night. They made friends playing chess all evening.

Two of them got promotions already. :shocked:

9. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I just made one, with 3 people, Kale, Earl, and Ian Loco. All brothers, random aspirations. They were in the career tracks, Gamer, Culinary, and Slacker. I think Ian got the furthest with 2 promotions in Gamer. They managed to survive 10 days, when they all died or hunger in the same 6 hours. I guess I forgot to put in a phone so they couldnt call for pizza or chinese. I'm proud of myself... I only made one of them move once, and that was to pay the bills.
    To pass the time while on hyperspeed, I played ping-pong with my friend. :)

10. Jiko

Well, I'm already way behind you guys, because I'm keeping it at normal speed. That's because I really want to watch what they do. I cleaned my study last night while peeking every five minutes or so. Forevah and Neva still hate each other and Wyant still won't leave the chat rooms. They seem to skip work every third day or so and I expect will all be fired soon. To my surprise they are ignoring the piano and easel and telescope, and just playing chess, darts and reading most of the time (and chatting in what is probably an unsavory web site). Also, one is always sleeping on the couch instead of the very comfortable beds! Whassup with that.

Oh, and Neva likes to fish a lot!

All they do for food so far is tv dinners.

11. Jiko

Oh, this is tough - hard not to interfere. I've already broken the rule a little to make them pay the bills and put away groceries. (And order groceries.) But nothing else, I swear. They all went to work today and Forevah got promoted.

But it's so sad - she's in politics but her dream is to be an adventurer. Neva longs to have 50 dream dates, but he's merely a piano tuner. And Wyant wants to own 4 top businesses - while working as a button masher. And only I know that none of them have any hope of achieving their dreams.

Poor Forevah keeps trying to make friends with Neva now. She's so lonely! She does like her new dishwasher, though. A little sunshine in a dreary life.

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

lol jiko tried to give you some rep for being so funny... but I got to spread it around some more... keep up the commentary.

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I agree with Michelle, and I was able to add to your reputation. Your stories are always very entertaining.

I haven't had time to go back to my asylum yet, since I have to finish my short story for the contest, but I'm looking forward to it. I don't know how soon I'll have to get them to order groceries since I gave them 4 expensive refrigerators. But there are 6 of them.

I also gave them that big spinning ball that they get inside of. One of them really likes it, and is slowly earning a body point.

None of my poor guys will ever achieve their lifetime wants, either. :cry:

14. Jiko

This is actually giving me some insight into the programming. It becomes more clear how the different aspirations and personalities respond to needs. It is amazing to me that the pleasure sim will complain about a full bladder and then go play darts instead of going to the bathroom! The knowledge sim loves the piano, but ignores the chess game. They get very stinky before deciding to take a shower and will not put away groceries. Why? So mysterious. It's also so funny to see them whine and complain about new objects that are too cheap, and get all excited about the expensive ones. "Whoo-hoo! I dig that tacky looking painting over there JUST BECAUSE IT COST MONEY! Now I'm going to go sleep on the couch INSTEAD OF MY COMFORTABLE BED! Why? Because I am NOT A RATIONAL CREATURE!"

15. Vega

Vega New Member

:rotfl: Jiko you and your stories are so funny :D
    Sims really are strange creatures LOL after i finish my story i will try one of the chalenges, what do you think it's more fun?

16. Jiko

Vega, I think which asylum is more fun may depend on you; if you absolutely have to get involved, try the original deprivation-based one. If you're lazy, try the country club one. Both are frustrating! My piano tuner just got demoted to record store clerk.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

how neat are these sims of yours that procrastinate using the potty? just wondering if that fits into the equation.

18. Jiko

Forevah has taken to running around in her underwear most of the time now. She climbs into bed around 4 in the morning, rises with a groan in time to go to work (she's in politics and wears that awful powder-blue Betty Ford suit) and comes home to nap a bit, play some piano (she's quite good), eat a few fly-ridden leftovers and then try to make friends with Wyant, her estranged sibling. Wyant, in his turn, spends a great deal of time on the internet, chatting with dubious MySpace friends who "claim" to be "cute 22-year-old baristas" but are probably just one of the cranky old folks down the block who object to his occasional day-time telescope jaunts. He sometimes "forgets" to go to work and was recently demoted again. He finds Forevah a mystery; she rejected his unsavory advances, but now wants a hug; he likes her jokes but wishes she showered more often. Luckily, it's a big house. Then there's Neva, the older brother with a bad haircut and worse dance moves. Neva now sleeps in the back bedroom, sometimes for half the day, but he doesn't seem depressed. He loves to eat cereal and watch Forevah play piano - "whoohoo!" he shouts, usually at an inappropriate moment in a difficult passage - and then goes to the kitchen, turns on the radio and lets loose. He is definitely a white man without rhythm.

Oh, well, they are all getting by and even though the fruit trees died and the newspapers are piling up and the phone doesn't ring very often and we had to sell some of that better linoleum and replace it with shoddy carpet to pay the bills, the Country Club Kids are still alive.

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Jiko. Very entertaining.

Just to catch up on mine, I'm on day four in the uncontrolled lives of 6 non-sibling residents. Johnny and Sohee are buddies and share one of the double beds (there are 6 identical beds in the house.) That surprised me. I didn't think sims would do that.

I was worried about Sohee for a while. He decided to resume cooking someone's forgotten toaster pastry, never noticing the green gas that surrounded it. What a man! He ate it and got food poisoning and spent the rest of his day off from work either barfing or dancing. Never rested. I thought for sure he'd die. He got up the next morning, ate breakfast, barfed, went off to work. I got a message later in the morning, while he was still at work, that he was healthy again.

Johnny and Rufis each have 4 neatness points and that's enough to keep the kitchen clean, although not the bathrooms. The two of them clean up dishes and scrub the counters and the stoves.

Sohee made such a horrible mess of two of the bathrooms, including clogging one of the toilets, that I couldn't stand it anymore. :eek: I replaced the toilets.

Johnny and Rufis have each missed one day of work, then gone the following day.

Mostly everyone plays instruments and gains creativity points. They've been pretty good about taking baths and showers although they're easily distracted from that. When I left that household, Thisboy was dancing wildly in a big cloud of green gas.

But there is still plenty of food and no one is dead yet.

Pictures attached. The house is prebuilt by Maxis. I just moved the family in. The guy who's upset in picture 3 is Johnny. None of them liked the mess, but he was the one who cleaned it up. Sohee is the dancing idiot who messed up the toilets.

p.s. I gave this family a ton of money to start with. They have plenty left.

20. Jiko

Finally everybody went to bed and then it started to snow. Each one of them got up and went to a window (always a window far from the bed!) and looked: "oh, wow, snow!" and then half passed out and went back to bed and then got up and looked at the snow and then went back to bed and so on ALL NIGHT LONG. They were exhausted by morning.